Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

M25 & UK Rankings

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
It's an interesting concept (especially for the bragging rights!) although it does miss out plenty of decent teams (mine included) who don't play any of the touneys that are included.

Although we can still make use of it by looking at the teams who have played in both those events and the tourneys we play and 'self-seeding' ;)

Shuck

Snoring Machine.......zzz
Jul 13, 2001
SoTees
Visit site
Originally posted by Skaffen
Although we can still make use of it by looking at the teams who have played in both those events and the tourneys we play and 'self-seeding' ;)
Yea, thats another good use, especially when playing a newish team. Its always good to be aware of their current form.

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
go-one

Great work fella.

I can see why dudes are a bit chaffed by some of the results but I think any system needs time to mature so the creases can be ironed out. Like mentioned earlier, I don't see any other UK seeding system do you?

I think your point of it kinda being more of a skill/consistency gauge is great, for example, we (K2) have placed pretty well in all the events we played this year which surely means we deserve a good ranking, which we have (2nd). There are teams below that have kicked our asses for whatever reason but have failed to keep the level up throughout an event.

Teams that have huge rosters that keep swapping and changing names and mixing up their field kinda bring a bad rating onto themselves. Have 2 teams, pro and am (nov even) and stick with that. What's the problem? Easier to rank that way.

I reckon the Millenium Series should be excluded at the moment until you can figure a way of rewarding the better teams that play these events some extra 'cred' points. Perhaps rate each event/series with certain kudos to even things out. I don't know, bit tricky that one.

Keep it up dude. ;)

go-one

Originally posted by Skaffen
it does miss out plenty of decent teams (mine included) who don't play any of the touneys that are included.

Where are you playing ? D-Lair at a guess ?

It is my intent to include as many events as posible, and the web site (Nearly done) will include a "Submit result" form. I have however purposely not chased certain results, like king of the hill as it is aimed at teams who would be less interested / unlikely to remain in there present form long. And D-lair, as it is all woodland and although the leagues (95% of events covered) still have woodland legs they are all heading more & more concept. I think for 04 I'll probably cover sup-air / concept events only !

Al, Whilst not wanting to "piss on you parade" for an obvious good run of form (congrats on that). Most of your scores are from S2003, and some of those teams around you have dared not venture that far north !!! (their loss !) I look forwards to campain and the UKPL final to see the top UK sides actualy (posibly C-Cup) go head to head ! In the mean time, enjoy 2nd spot :) Hard work does have its just rewards !

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Originally posted by go-one
Where are you playing ? D-Lair at a guess ?

And D-lair, as it is all woodland
Dragon's Lair has been sup air + concept only for the last 3 months m8! :)

I can see your problem as the full results from DL aren't easy to get hold of - I'll try and keep track of em at the next event for you ;)