Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Malaga

PEBBLE

Toot de la fruit!
Nov 8, 2004
despite doing rubbish,

the millenium event in Malaga was the best event i went to in a long time ,
weather was good, tourists were watchin paintball, hotels are near by, cheap, beautifiil, topless sun-bathers, cool breeze from sea , etc

but i wonder if its just gunna get binned just like the 04 malaga/ 06 Marseille etc and all of the other good events then get replaced with rubbish locations like Belgium etc

does anyone else agree?

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
Pebble,

You have a good point, thyey should cancel all the other events and hold them all in Malaga! How could anyone get fed up with that place?

The remanining events are:

London, was a good location last year, hotels close lots of resturants etc. a few minor issues which I am sure they will address this year.

Toulouse always seems to be a good event and the weather is always good :)

Nurburgring, if one event will let it down it is this one. Only because of the location, there is nothing around there and it is so big it lacks any kind of atmosphere.

Paris, always a good event as well never really been bad.

But personally I say hold them all in Malaga!

Piper

Nicky T

Platinum Member
May 9, 2002
Bury, Lancashire
www.patreon.com
Malaga was indeed Europes version of HB, but there were still issues that need to be addressed for future Millennium events; such as working scoreboards on all fields and a little initiative being used to stop false starts by using different sounds at the start gates when fields are so close.....

Overall though Malaga was a great start to the year for the Millennium Series.

Matt_Breakout

MK Storm
Nov 1, 2006
Sam's House
What other event can you walk off the field after playing and run straight into the sea.. nice:)

The starting of the fields was a bit of pain as you had to look at the head ref rather than listen for a buzzer as somtimes the buzzer could have been the field behind you. I saw one match where all 10 players were called out because of this.

I wish i could go back though:D

Jedi 57

Mar 25, 2007
Loughton
I also thought malaga was a great event, weather was great and the viewing for the fields was excellent. The only issue i felt that needed addressing wwasa the security on the players area, there was nobody checking to see if people had a wristband or not. Anyway still a great event and would like them to keep it.

-James

Jon C

Do you play with balls?
Feb 1, 2005
Whore house
www.ontargetpaintball.co.uk
sounds like a pretty damm job for the ms, what was the level of the reffing like? not just the odd bad call but in general? fair harsh etc.

I hope campaign is as good as maaga without the sea :D as im looking forward to playing it couldnt make malaga due to work.

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
I also thought malaga was a great event, weather was great and the viewing for the fields was excellent. The only issue i felt that needed addressing wwasa the security on the players area, there was nobody checking to see if people had a wristband or not. Anyway still a great event and would like them to keep it.
There was a guy sat at the entrance to the players area (by the ice cream hut ;)) all weekend, checking wristbands as you went in.

citiking: I can only comment about the reffing on the M5 field, which I thought was spot on all weekend. The calls were fair and made loudly, and if there were any discrepancies regarding hits then the ultimate would come over to us at the end of the game and explain them fully.

Good job to whichever team or individuals were reffing the M5 field :cool:

Ninja

Shooting for The Clan 09
Feb 27, 2007
that place near you
Reffing i thought was excellent all weekend i think they were told to relax it a little on the M5 as not to scare off new teams with thousands of 141's would say the reffing was better then Basildon last year.

Good job millenium:)