Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Malaga

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
I think someone round here has a heightened sense of their own importance, entertaining as it may be to watch a car crash, there is a lot to be said for not doing your dirty laundry in public.

Anyway, moving on, I think the major points have all been covered, the distance between the pits and the paint, the lack of covered staging/astrofurf on the deck for the field 3. The issues with scoreboards and buzzers. There were actually some reasonable toilets on site, but they were hidden behind the organisers tent at the top of the hill, I only found them as I walked out that way on Thursday to get up to the castle to get an overview of the site.

Overall I don't think there was that much to complain about at all, its not like there were people going around moaning all weekend. The site was accessible, both to players and public alike, the fields were easy to view, the trade stands were well laid out, there was reasonable and reasonably priced food and drink and a choice of where to get it. The hotels were in walking distance, and there was a massive mall across the road. The bars & nightlife were again in walking distance, even if some of the "locals" were a bit dodgy.

Lets just hope the clean up goes well and that the locals are happy to have us back again.

G

Gassy

Bulldogs and ex Bulldogs This thread was turned into a dirty laundry session even thought I asked you not to so your posts have ben removed.

If you want to air your views about each other start a new thread but remember this is a public forum so be mindful of what accusations you make.
Solicitors can look on here aswell;)

Freddie Brockdorff

Olva the Berserker
Aug 22, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
I do not care the least when the teams got told they were reffing, how good a job they did eventhough they never reffed before etc. etc. etc....

Fact is - READ THE FREAKING RULES/REF PROGRAMME:

To be able to ref an event of the Millennium Series 2008 you have to

- bring 8 refs to the event
- have those very same 8 refs also play at least 2 millenniums this very same year
- be experienced !!

I do not care if all of you are good guys, did a fantastic job considering everything bla bla bla - fact is you are GIVEN 100 points (max.!) for doing this, you are stealing points away from other teams - and that fully aware that you are NOT actually fullfilling the demands for reffing!

Now we hear this is the case for AL the teams out there reffing - well shame on all of you, and shame on millennium ! I say take away a LOT of the points awarded !

WEEBLE1

Officially "SPANKING"
Jan 10, 2006
Stoke on Trent
Thanks guys - did'nt want it to, turn into a laundry washing session.

I supported the guys that went, they did a good job, but I was'nt the one who PUBLICLY posted that they had NEVER reffed an event before, that was just fuel for an explosion.

I never intended to make the lads look bad at all.

Malaga 08 was a brilliant venue, well laid out, yeah, the paint was a good way off, but we were'nt shooting, were we ?
Did'nt really get much time to watch much ball at all, being busy, either on the scoreboard, or on the chrono stations ?
The highlight for me, was getting a personal invitation for the *lads* from Magued and Max, for a drink, after they had won CPL, I won't forget their faces, when I told them, after we had stopped working.

I would like to thank Ulrich, Kenji, Frederick, Jabba, Daniel, Olly, Bob, Enrick and countless other staff, ooooh and of course WENDY *sweetie* for last weekend in Spain, which made a memorable start to the 08 season.

See everybody in Basildon.

Stu

Ironkid

Hoffman Minex
Mar 15, 2006
Leicestershire
I and my team mates are thinking of playing this event next year and were wondering the general cost for a millenium M5 event, like paint, travel etc? Also did anyone have any problems at airports because of markers/tanks?

Cheers

HPUKer

Entity / Shootrtv
Jan 25, 2005
www.shootr.tv
www.andyb.tv
fact is you are GIVEN 100 points (max.!) for doing this, you are stealing points away from other teams - and that fully aware that you are NOT actually fullfilling the demands for reffing!

Now we hear this is the case for AL the teams out there reffing - well shame on all of you, and shame on millennium ! I say take away a LOT of the points awarded !
I know this is dragging it back up a bit, and there is probally silent behind the scenes work going on this but...

"Birmingham Bulldogs REF 88 Points"

"Straight Mechernich REF 100 Points"

"Sucy PAC Ultimate 2 REF 100 Points"

So as it stands, according to the points:

Bulldogs - Did not supply full reffing crew/meet requirements
Straight - Full crew/met all requirements
Ultimate - Full crew/met all requirements

Seems to be a ninja edit on the Mills site.

Would be nice to have an official release explaining why Bulldogs now have 88points, when they had 100 post event, and the official reason for the change.

Not supporting anyone here, but a scoreboard adjustment, post event, that is unjustified, may need a bit of justification. Or it may not...

If this has already been mentioned then please deploy palm to face missiles :)

Freddie Brockdorff

Olva the Berserker
Aug 22, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
So basically still awarded a 3rd place for not meeting ANY of the requirements ?!

I wanna ref too....

Interested knowing if the other teams reffing met all the requirements ?

BTW: It totally messes up the whole ranking/draw when teams reffing are being awarded their full amount of reffing points before end of season - or maybe not the ranking but definately the pools and therefore the games AND results! We now for next event have 3 pools where the top-seed is teams that´s been reffing, not teams that are actually result-wise a top-seed.... If you catch my drift ?