Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Marker Shot Counts

Tubbins

Tubbins
May 29, 2012
Essex
just gives people an idea of how much use a gun has got and justifys the price a bit more, you could sell a gun higher if it had not many shots through, but it could put people off buying it if price is bit ridiculous and 40000 shots on it :p

Reactions: hoot

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
So what is you sit at home and shot it with the eyes off and no air and log up 20,000 ? Its pointless

SeanUK

Jan 5, 2013
www.planetpaintball.co.uk
i personally wouldn't mind if i came across a marker with say 50,000 on it or even 500
as long as it does what i want it to do im happy.

There isnt a great deal that can go wrong with a marker with 50K on it, would kind of tell me its a well used gun but reliable (if all shots are shots fired and not dry fires)

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
If anything it`ll be a better gun as it`ll be worn in with an easy action as apposed to being a bit stiff, so the shot count doesn`t always count, however the appearance can sometimes denote whether the gun has been looked after or not, that`s why everybody asks .. what, If ,and Where scratches or blemishes are about. and what`s been added.

tricky m

Feb 17, 2010
leeds
Put it this way. This dm8.

For argument sake. It has shot 1 box of paint every month since first purchased new. Which would be about right. Averaging what I have used it. Its a 5 year old marker. So has fired 120,000 plus.

It was re-annoed 3years ago and not a mark on it still.
Billy wing bolt fitted same time. Which has probably done 72000 shots. And is as clean and shiney as the day I fitted it.

I dont agree with striping it down after everytime I use it. As that just wears out bolt heads and threads. Imo. What it does get is service to dye's recommendation. Wiped clean after every use and stored in its case.

Anyone who knows me. Will say its like new and still fires flawless. Only time I have had problems. Was due to the nut behind the trigger. Buy not fitting new battery or trying to get an extra days play out before servicing.

So what I'm getting at is shot count is not really worth the programming time to put in to board. It's really down to care and recommended maintenance. If you look after your equipment. It will look after you. I.e. keep it clean and serviced. Then when you turn up to site. Its just hopper on, bottle on and crono. Then sit back and laugh at all the muppets that miss games or run about trying to fix there marker or need to borrow one at start of day.:)

Last edited: