Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Millennium Marshalling!!

Twizz ECI

London Tigers 2
Jan 8, 2003
Crawley
hi
just to let you that Ecstasy would like to judge amsterdam. so if you can let us know whats going to happen.contact me,Twizz or phil or ross at smart parts europe.

thanks Twizz Team Ecstasy U.K

T

Tommy Gun-Nexus

How can there possibly be a rule where European Pro teams HAVE to marshall?????? And why is that different for the Yanks??

If I remember correctly there is also a rule stating that judging teams must speak Engish. This completely rules out the Russian Legion from playing any events as pro! So now one of the best teams Europe has ever produced are basicly 'banned' from playing in Europe!

Crazy stuff indeed....

Nexus Prattowski

Blue Blood >> Sandbagger!
Jun 11, 2002
Whhhhhaaaat!

God damn right tommy. - Crazy times.

I would like to hear the answer to why the europeans are forced to marshal and yet the yanks are not. - If your gonna play the millenium series PRO division then surely you would expect one rule for all teams!!

The marshalling problem needs to be addressed granted but this sure isnt the way to do it!! :mad:

Moved this here cos it seems like we're about to get into a heated debate - woo-hoo!

So what's tha score Millennium? Is it the case that Pro teams have to ref if they want series points? Or do they have to ref even if they play just one event?

If it's the former, then surely the US teams who are planning on playing each event should de treated in the same way?

If it's the latter then that's just plain dumb.

Anyone around to clarify?

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
I think it is a brilliant move by Millennium to require pros to judge one event. I am not sure if it is right, however, if they don't set the same requirement for ALL participants. One possible justification I can see is regarding the non-Euros as guests and the Euros as hosts. Millennium and most of us want as many Americans as possible over here for obvious reasons. I'm not playing with a Millennium team YET but I can say that I would be totally willing to support that concept if that is the reason.

The basic decision to keep team reffing is good at this point in time because the money just isn't there yet for all PRO reffing. And I don't think we are ready to see entry fees skyrocket. This is something I suggested and goes along with another part of the program and that is accountability for decent judging performance. Just hope they get it right about the other points, namely judge training, pre-tournament briefings, supervision of job done and perhaps independent field head-judges.

Steve

Magued

Jul 10, 2001
Visit site
okey...

Have had a little chat this morning with Robbo about the issue.
Everybody have good points why we should do it this way or that way.

The rule is there to force the best reffs ( pro teams ) generally speaking, to reff. As the main problem with todays paintball is the lack off good reffing team.

Pete raised some very good points why we shouldnt enforce teams to reff. And if this rule isnt welcomed by the teams then I cant see why we should have it.
But remember you can look at this issue from different perspectivs..

Magued

Millennium Board Maffia member

My 2cs

Have teams been polled to see whther they would all pay an extra X amount of Euros per event to pay for Pro Refs to fly over? Or maybe the SC Ironmen and the All As fly in and ref? Has anyone asked tha teams?

If that's not practical or the teams don't want it, then it makes sense that the Pros should ref, but having one rule for the US teams and one rule for the Euros is unfair.

If you make Pros ref then you make all Pros ref. Either that or you make every Pro team who wants to play for the Series title, and therefore earn series points, have to ref one event.

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Just remember that if we don't set up a good system for self-reffing then we all must be willing to pay the price either in much higher entries or lower quality judging. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Also keep in mind that entries mean a lot more to the lower division teams who have less sponsoring. Let's don' t cut off our nose to spite our face.

My opinions obviously.

Steve