Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Millennium SPL Info

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
On another note....

...the 10 minute limitation to matches, means that 75 % of the teams in the SPL (those knocked out in the prelims), get a maximum of 30 minutes game time for their entry fee (10 minutes x 3 matches).

- last year they got 56 minutes (7 minutes x 8 games)

So nearly half the game time the same teams got last year.

At the same time, entry fees have been increased with 17,5 % due to VAT now being added.

Did anyone say "players union" ? :D

Nick

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
I'm on a roll :D

The MS should bite the bullet, and add another field to the events, to allow SPL teams more prelims games (maybe enlarge the SPL to 35 teams, and run 7 pools af 5).

People may say "the MS cannot afford the cost of an extra field at events"

But consider this:

Now that VAT is added to the mix, it means 2 things:

All entry fees now have 17,5 % VAT added, which will need to be paid to the UK tax authorities

The VAT on all expenses the MS has (and I mean ALL), can now be deducted, and the MS will get that money back from the UK tax authorities.

Essentially, they MS has just lowered their expenses by 17,5 % - and it is all paid for by the teams (or their sponsors).

Now, the only possibility that I am wrong, is that the MS has previous years also been able to deduct VAT paid - but it would make very little sense, for a business to be able to deduct VAT, and not be required to charge VAT to their customers.

Did anyone say "players union" ? :D

Nick

velocity

Ingvar Orten
Jul 9, 2001
Anywhere
www.osloenvy.com
...the 10 minute limitation to matches, means that 75 % of the teams in the SPL (those knocked out in the prelims), get a maximum of 30 minutes game time for their entry fee (10 minutes x 3 matches).

Well that assumes that all the games were played to the end of the game time, but i guess many of these games were finished in 3-5 minutes.

Also you forgot the possibility of 5 minutes overtime points on each match.
So you can in theory get 15 minutes playing time pr. match. thats 45 minutes. ;)

Regarding the players union, i am all for it, and now it seems like something is being done about it

http://www.internationalppu.christianrenton.co.uk/memberlist.asp

But there seems to be missing a lot of teams on that list, especially from CPL and SPL, but somehow that does not surprise me.

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site
On another note....

I don't think that math is fair... as you'll probably actually play most of your 10 minutes (even 4-0 matches I'd think would be tough to get done in under 8 minutes), whereas many of the 7-man games may have ended in 4 minutes or less.

velocity

Ingvar Orten
Jul 9, 2001
Anywhere
www.osloenvy.com
Well it looks like they actually are listening to their customers if we presents the problems in a civilized manner to them.

Just got this on email:

Ingvar Orten
Oslo Envy

-------------
After the SPL meeting in Paris at the end of January, some of you expressed concerns about the qualification system for the SPL and the number of games/playing time per team in general.

Responding to these concerns the scheduling department has come up with an improved scheme for the SPL:

1. Not only the top team in each group will advance after preliminaries, but both first and second place in each group, just like in the CPL.

2. For these 16 teams advancing, there will be an extra round on Sunday morning, cutting down the number of teams from 16 to 8.

3. With these 8 teams the regular schedule will be carried out, just like in the CPL.

For this improvement on behalf of the SPL teams, the whole tournament schedule has to be rearranged. Other activities originally scheduled on the two centre fields on finals's day have to be relocated. There are no time
buffers left now on the centre fields on final's day, but the schedule will work, if all the involved SPL teams will set-up strictly on time before each game, so that there will be no delays.

For the first event of the MS in Toulouse, we will go with this improved schedule in order to give the best possible value to the SPL teams.

Please note; the extra round will raise the paint consumption for the 16 teams advancing as well.

After the first event the MS will re-evaluate the schedule, and will decide on the SPL schedule for the rest of the season based upon the experiences in Toulouse.

By responding to the demand of the SPL teams for doubling the number of advancing teams, the MS wants to underline its dedication for the whole new SPL approach in Europe and its commitment for the teams and players in general.