Millennium SPL Info

TalieBun

Instinct #404
Oct 23, 2005
red light district
Visit site
Got this today...

To the teams of SPL 2007

You have qualified for the Millennium Series SPL and are invited to our annual meeting. I understand, this invitation is on quite short notice, nevertheless we hope to greet you end of this month.

Date: Saturday, January 27th
Time: 15:00 – 19.00
Place: Paris, airport Charles De Gaulle
Hotel: Ibis Hotel, conference room

The main purpose is
1. to present the Millennium Series 2007 to the teams of the Semi Pro division
2. to acknowledge the owners of the SPL teams and have them sign the licence agreement with MS to be able to play in SPL 2007
3. to inform about rules and regulations for SPL 2007, to listen to suggestions from the teams and to take votes on issues, where appropriate

Information on M7 rules will be sent to the teams at the beginning of next week. All team representatives are invited to send suggestions, proposals, questions, issues of importance to the SPL in the next days to me, so these matters can be included in the agenda. Be aware, time for our meeting will be limited, so we might not be able to deal with items you didn’t send in for inclusion in the agenda.

From each team only one representative will be allowed to the meeting. Only team representatives present at the meeting will be allowed to vote, if there is a ballot. Each representative has only one vote, transferring votes to other reps will not be possible.

Team ownership, SPL licence and registration for the meeting
To be able to compete in the SPL 2007 you have to do three things:
1. You have to fill out the team owner registration at
http://www.millennium-se...m/owner_registration.htm
2. You have to pay the first instalment of the licence fee to the MS
3. You should send one team representative to the meeting for signing the licence agreement

Notes:If you send a team representative, who is not registered as team contact on the registration form, please announce his name in advance to me by email.
The licence fee for playing the MS SPL 2007 will be 7000€ plus UK VAT. This is only 500€ (or 100€ per event) more as the entry fees for all five events last year, but this year your team will play in the M7 format. Besides being preferred by players and offering a lot of new opportunities and challenges to the teams, the M7 format obviously requires more logistical and financial efforts by the MS as well.
If you have any questions how to handle VAT in the best possible way by paying through a company, please refer directly to the MS financial officer Mr. Stephen Baldwin, at stephen.baldwinmillennium-series.com. The first instalment of the licence fee will be 2000€ plus UK VAT and need to be received by the MS at Friday, January 26th, at the latest, no exceptions tolerated.
We strongly recommend to sign the licence agreement at the meeting in Paris. If you are not able to send somebody, the signed licence agreement need to be sent to the MS head office. Attention: Registering team ownership via the form and payment of the first instalment is still mandatory. If no registration and/or payment has been received, your spot defaults back to the MS and the board will get another team to fill out the 32nd spot.

Other potential fees for the season 2007:
Full name change: 3000€ plus UK VAT
Partial name change (sponsor or city): 1000€ plus UK VAT
Transfer of team ownership: 5000€ plus UK VAT
(includes full or partial name change for free)

Some more information on the hotel: Rooms at the Ibis at Paris-CDG are 90€. I know this is quite expensive, but this is by far the cheapest we could get. There is a shuttle service from the airport to the hotel for free. For telephone and email addresses to book your room and a map to find the hotel, please see the attachment.

Last year the MS introduced the M7 format in the CPL for the first time and according to the players, it was an instant success. The MS wants to develop the M7 format even further, so this year we expand the format to the SPL as second highest league. This newly created European top division will increase awareness and generate additional promotional opportunities for teams and series alike. We want to cooperate with you, the teams, wherever possible and are looking forward to an exciting season.

See you in Paris,

Ulrich Stähr
www.millennium-series.com
+49-228-650286 (office)
+49-173-5378989 (cell phone)

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
What the hell has happened to the MS?

To be able to compete in the SPL 2007 you have to do three things:
3. You should send one team representative to the meeting for signing the licence agreement
So, teams that do NOT send a rep to Paris, at such short notice, will loose their spot!?

Jeeeez - there might suddenly become some SPL spots available end of the month :rolleyes:

Nick

Freddie Brockdorff

Olva the Berserker
Aug 22, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Erhm - 2000 € + UK VAT - on a 9 days notice.... For SEMI(!)-pro teams.... Add a couple of more available SPL spots SOON! :eek:

Damn that´s a lot of money - for both CPL and SPL we are talking about 126900 € (incl. UK VAT) that has to be paid within 9 days......

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I know I don't have to pay any of this outrageous and extortionate cr@p any more but the phrase that comes to my mind is :- 'Who the fackin hell do they think they are' ??

Have they gone stark staring bonkers in treating people in this Draconian and wholly inappropriate manner ???

And then it begun to dawn on me why these things are happening .......they are doing it...because they can ...... the question you guys now have to ask is...why can they?.. and when you have answered that you may then get your collective fingers out your ass and organise yourselves into some form of representation, that's both trade and team .. ignore this and you give up any right whatsoever to moan or bitch about one Goddamn thing.

Tricky

Retired Gun Whore
Jun 10, 2005
Past Caring!
www.jerseywarriors.co.uk
I know I don't have to pay any of this outrageous and extortionate cr@p any more but the phrase that comes to my mind is :- 'Who the fackin hell do they think they are' ??

Have they gone stark staring bonkers in treating people in this Draconian and wholly inappropriate manner ???

And then it begun to dawn on me why these things are happening .......they are doing it...because they can ...... the question you guys now have to ask is...why can they?.. and when you have answered that you may then get your collective fingers out your ass and organise yourselves into some form of representation, that's both trade and team .. ignore this and you give up any right whatsoever to moan or bitch about one Goddamn thing.
That smells like " i told you so" ;) :D

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com

Tricky, as you rightly imply, I did previously suggest this was gonna happen if people didn't put themselves out and begin to organise but hey what can you do mate, I don't wanna rub any more salt into an already gaping wound but as I have said far too many times lately, 'You can take a horse to water....... is it any wonder I am now a full time cynic?

Maddie

No Danny, Don't ........
Jul 7, 2002
Norfolk
Visit site
Millennium Series 2007

You beat me to it Tricky :D :D

WTF ...... How can the Millennium Series justify demanding €3000 if you want to change your team name..... and after taking €8225 from your team.

The Phrase that springs to mind is:- 'Daylight Robbery !!'

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
You beat me to it Tricky :D :D

WTF ...... How can the Millennium Series justify demanding €3000 if you want to change your team name..... and after taking €8225 from your team.

The Phrase that springs to mind is:- 'Daylight Robbery !!'
Oh my, they just keep adding up - don't they :)