Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

millenniumVs S7

jecstacy

May 15, 2002
Visit site
id like to say ive played in a afir few millenium tournies and they are by far the best ive played. i may have had a few quibles with some minor points at a few of them but these were personnal and come from the fact no matter how hard the promoters work there will always be somthing thats not perfect for everyone. for example any time i was shoot out it was blatently the marshalls fault.

The point is i feel the millenium appears to be getting a little left behind compared to the nppl S7. when i look at the level of OUTSIDE sponsors they appear to have attracted with no previous record to show it makes me feel that we are letting the yanks steal the title of best series in the world away from us.

i think if all the effort that was put into argueing over X ball, which as a player like the majority ive spoke to couldnt give a sh*t about as i have little chance of playing and probabily wouldnt be allowed to by my team anyway, was put into attracting OUTSIDE sponsors and improveing the already great series we have it would benefit more of the customers ,sorry players, rather than a few spoilt kids that are throwing a tantrum because they couldnt get what they wanted.

This is just my personnal opinion and not that of my team.
sorry about the spelling

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by j,ecstacy
rather than a few spoilt kids that are throwing a tantrum because they couldnt get what they wanted.

Is that how you see the debate on the integration of X-Ball ?

Or is it more, as you readily admit, you wouldn't have stood a chance of playing in it, and therefore malign the people who could have, by describing them as spoilt kids ?

Robbo

PS Sorry for using the correct spelling, I discovered Spellcheck and I also went to school :rolleyes:

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
I had been waiting for this to be brought up, not the Millenium side of things but the S7's. The first event is being held at Huntingdon Beach alongside an X Games (skateboard etc event) or so I have been lead to believe..so to approach the sponsors of THAT event and say do you wanna put some our way isn't a huge leap."IF" this isn't the case then put me straight. "If" I am correct then the "outside" sponsors gathered for an event with no track record doesn't look so great does it? But then to be slightly defensive after the negative comments, if it works then all will be ok and it doesn't matter how the sponsors were got in the first place.

jecstacy

May 15, 2002
Visit site
but the point here is is anyone else worryied about the best series in the world being appearing surpassed in terms of promotion at least, as we already know they have better game, by an american event

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by j,ecstacy
but the point here is is anyone else worryied about the best series in the world being appearing surpassed in terms of promotion at least, as we already know they have better game, by an american event

Nobody is disputing that point - you have evaded my questions.

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Originally posted by TJ Lambini
>>>The first event is being held at Huntingdon Beach alongside an X Games (skateboard etc event) or so I have been lead to believe..

Either you is being led wrong or you misread tha info...
OK I can take that, probably was both but I did say " I have been lead to believe" :D

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Put in perspective

While various interested parties have been "discussing" the how, when, why and what's in it for us aspects of X-Ball on the Euro front I suppose it's easy to lose sight of the bigger picture involved as it's potentially far more than merely a limited opportunity for a handful of teams.
As has been said to death the issue is whether or not X is the avenue to increased public interest, profile and outside money. If it is then long term the benefits will accrue to players and teams that don't directly participate.
And while it's all well and good to suggest that instead of X more effort should be put into attracting those same benefits to the existing structure you might ask yourself with all the time and effort put in to the existing tourney structure to date why there hasn't been greater success at doing just that.
Well, you might reply, S7 looks to be doing a bang up job on the outside sponsors front--and they do--but the same question remains, for the time being, is this format the right or the best vehicle for promoting pb?
However you come down on the debate the larger point is people at various places within the game are working hard to make things better.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Put in perspective

Originally posted by Baca Loco
While various interested parties have been "discussing" the how, when, why and what's in it for us aspects of X-Ball on the Euro front I suppose it's easy to lose sight of the bigger picture involved as it's potentially far more than merely a limited opportunity for a handful of teams.
As has been said to death the issue is whether or not X is the avenue to increased public interest, profile and outside money. If it is then long term the benefits will accrue to players and teams that don't directly participate.
And while it's all well and good to suggest that instead of X more effort should be put into attracting those same benefits to the existing structure you might ask yourself with all the time and effort put in to the existing tourney structure to date why there hasn't been greater success at doing just that.
Well, you might reply, S7 looks to be doing a bang up job on the outside sponsors front--and they do--but the same question remains, for the time being, is this format the right or the best vehicle for promoting pb?
However you come down on the debate the larger point is people at various places within the game are working hard to make things better.
Paul, this is the second guy on here to think of all this X-Ball as some self-interested enterprise with no regard to the bigger picture.
It would seem that even after all the posts that have been made on this subject in an attempt to explain the 'Long Dollar', to my mind it just reinforces that ole proverb:-
'You can take a horse to water but ...........'

Hmmmmmm :rolleyes:
Pete

jecstacy

May 15, 2002
Visit site
sorry to answer your questions pete i just do not believe that xball is the way forward in europe now i know people that would if what was proposed be playing in the euroX and they do believe it was the way forward.

my view is that at present we only have one team that can even compete with the yanks let alone beat them. now our teams do not have the pool of players or the finances of those in the states so will find much harder to improve. as there for a start is much less natural talent to be found most of which is already on top teams. the finances required to train properly are only available to a few teams in europe(maybe three) so half of the eurox teams would struggle in that respect as they cant afford to travel round europe just to train against another xball team for a weekend in they way yank teams do it so we would still be left behind the yanks in terms of real game practice. now while you could say the two yank teams that would come over to each event would give your team chance to learn yank teams have been coming over for years yet euro pros have not been learning from them so that is a mute arguement.

what im saying is we should see the splits in the states as a prime time to catch up with the yanks in a format we already have experiance of and most of them do not. you can argue that xball will bring tv and outside sponsors with it but this has not happened yet and the nppl appears to be making alot of progress with the existing format

ps this isnt a personnal attack just my point of view