Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

millenniumVs S7

>>>the finances required to train properly are only available to a few teams in europe(maybe three) so half of the eurox teams would struggle in that respect as they cant afford to travel round europe just to train against another xball team for a weekend in they way yank teams do it so we would still be left behind the yanks in terms of real game practice.<<<

Many would argue that tha best way to train is not against other teams in 'real game' format...look at the Russians, the only team able to challenge the Yanks at the moment, largely cos they train properly. I think your reasoning is flawed.

jecstacy

May 15, 2002
Visit site
true training properly has its place but so does playing against another top team the weekend before a major. also this is a new relatively untried format so more real game training could be helpful

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
round and round and round....

I don't think anyone disputes the fact that those involved are working hard to promote paintball both image wise and quality wise BUT, especially this side of the golden pond of hope, there have definately been some very dodgy decisions about the whole Euro X issue.

surely there are enough teams this side that could put an X league together, even create new teams for the damn thing, ignite some fire into the game. The Millennium does rule ass BIG time but this one year could seriously damage the worldwide rep of the Millennium series especially if more of the big boys here skip over to the S7's.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by j,ecstacy
sorry to answer your questions pete i just do not believe that xball is the way forward in europe now i know people that would if what was proposed be playing in the euroX and they do believe it was the way forward.
my view is that at present we only have one team that can even compete with the yanks let alone beat them. now our teams do not have the pool of players or the finances of those in the states so will find much harder to improve. as there for a start is much less natural talent to be found most of which is already on top teams. the finances required to train properly are only available to a few teams in europe(maybe three) so half of the eurox teams would struggle in that respect as they cant afford to travel round europe just to train against another xball team for a weekend in they way yank teams do it so we would still be left behind the yanks in terms of real game practice. now while you could say the two yank teams that would come over to each event would give your team chance to learn yank teams have been coming over for years yet euro pros have not been learning from them so that is a mute arguement.
what im saying is we should see the splits in the states as a prime time to catch up with the yanks in a format we already have experiance of and most of them do not. you can argue that xball will bring tv and outside sponsors with it but this has not happened yet and the nppl appears to be making alot of progress with the existing format
ps this isnt a personnal attack just my point of view

I can't even begin to answer this last post of yours, it's riddled with more holes than a frikkin tea strainer !!!

It's beyond belief (well my belief anyway) that anyone who possesses a brain, could write such a thing :rolleyes:

I give up !!!!

Jamie B

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2001
The jungle
To be honest this issue as most people know has become just a little complicated. On top of this there's a lot going on 'behind the scenes', Trying to catch up now if you dont know whats going on would be an almost unacheivable feat. Its hard enough keeping up! So if you don't already know If I wouldnt bother trying to find out, trust me Its more grief than its worth anyway!! ;)

shamu

Tonight we dine in hell
Apr 17, 2002
Now-Cal
What's the big deal with S7 having outside sponsors? If you look at the last 5 - 10 years of tournament play, many of the major advances outside of gameplay have come from europe. Concept fields, airball, stadium settings, non-player audiences - this all started in europe.

So the S7 has learned from the Mil and added outside sponsors. Should be a good series and I'm looking forward to it. I'm also looking forward to the next innovations and improvements, whether they be from the US, Europe or somewhere else.

If the quality of events goes up, it's a good thing for everyone. This whole "letting the yanks steal the title of best series in the world away from us" arguement is just idiotic.

Mason

Cookie Monster
beat the jones'

Originally posted by shamu

If the quality of events goes up, it's a good thing for everyone. This whole "letting the yanks steal the title of best series in the world away from us" arguement is just idiotic.
I agree, in part. But if each organiser tries to make their tourny the one that win's the title will mean that all events improve. And this is a good thing. It'll force organisers to make each event better than the last, better for the players.