Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

more questions aboot C02 and mags

STTAB

lost me penis in 'nam
Sep 13, 2001
black isle (inverness)
Visit site
im in the process of buying a micromag of someone, not the RT version, and it comes with a nitro duck "tuff Skin"air tank, but my local site dont do air or nitrogen refills, just Co2.

the micromag has an expansion chamber on it. I just wanna know if its safe to use Co2 on a micromag (i now you cant on the new RT's with retro valve) and if you can run Co2 in the above air tank?

ciaran.mooney

Ich bin ein Berliner!
The micromag uses the 68 valve, which can be run on Co2. Though dont know about putting Co2 in your air tank, though I wouldnt suggest it - it could be possible. *If* your tank can take Co2 the regulator wont matter much, infact it would be an improvement preventing velocty spikes due to weather conditions.

I would highly reccomend that you try and use air on a mag because it prevents o-rings wearing out and veloctiy inconcistancies.

STTAB

lost me penis in 'nam
Sep 13, 2001
black isle (inverness)
Visit site
i am fairlly sure you can stick Co2 in the tank, but i dont know what would happen to the regulator.

if it doesnt work, im sure i could get a cheap Co2 tank about somewhere, and sell the air system.

STTAB

lost me penis in 'nam
Sep 13, 2001
black isle (inverness)
Visit site
scuba tanks are pretty expensive ( i

wait a min....my dad's got a hotel and hes got loadsa big Co2 tanks, but hes got oxygen nitrogen mix (which is meant to be very potent and you need special licenses for it, but would that work?) for draught beer and lager...hmmmm, perhaps...
if i could get hold of a fill station adaptor thingy...mmmmm

anyways, in conclusion it should be fin to run Co2 through the mag, tank and regulator :) (?) just not recomended cos Co2's not the kindest of gasses (to the gun)

anyone know about nirogen oxygen mixes?