Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New 15bps ramping rule

BOOGIE

May 21, 2004
FLA , USA
Visit site
Well im bored tonite and was reading this thread thru and figured i just toss a bit o fuel. First off the 15bps cap works great and has kinda set a speed limit that when passed is noticeable to a referee when it happens without any device but your ears (takes about 1 event to get used to it)Now for the fuel one of the things in the whole get your marker to fire fast is the loader.I have over time come to notice that only markers with a Halo that are the ones that fire over 15bps to begin with.Also if the Halo is modified you can get up to 25bps .Im no genius but after watching these Halos and there effect of seemingly force feedind these machine guns.I know of a player who had to use a stock Halo just to play at 15bps for not matter how much DeBounce or delay he put on his marker he could not get below 18bps till he went with a stock Halo.
Now for those of you who say 15bps is bad its a hell of a lot better than what we had its just like when we first recieved chronos and the speed was 330fps thought to be safe and id say 80% of all the markers that we checked that 1st day were 380 or better toppin out at 455fps thank god they were only pumps :)So now that we play with machine gunns lets give them a limit on ROF just like we limit velocity.

BOOGIE NXL EXL Referee

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Originally posted by BOOGIE
Well im bored tonite and was reading this thread thru and figured i just toss a bit o fuel. First off the 15bps cap works great and has kinda set a speed limit that when passed is noticeable to a referee when it happens without any device but your ears (takes about 1 event to get used to it)Now for the fuel one of the things in the whole get your marker to fire fast is the loader.I have over time come to notice that only markers with a Halo that are the ones that fire over 15bps to begin with.Also if the Halo is modified you can get up to 25bps .Im no genius but after watching these Halos and there effect of seemingly force feedind these machine guns.I know of a player who had to use a stock Halo just to play at 15bps for not matter how much DeBounce or delay he put on his marker he could not get below 18bps till he went with a stock Halo.
Now for those of you who say 15bps is bad its a hell of a lot better than what we had its just like when we first recieved chronos and the speed was 330fps thought to be safe and id say 80% of all the markers that we checked that 1st day were 380 or better toppin out at 455fps thank god they were only pumps :)So now that we play with machine gunns lets give them a limit on ROF just like we limit velocity.

BOOGIE NXL EXL Referee
Exactement! Well-said.