The Home Of European Paintball

New Design Closed Bolt Marker

Hawkins

Splash > All
Jul 8, 2007
Kent/Sevenoaks
Hey guys,

found this a little while ago on nation and thought id post up here

Some guy in southamerica has designed and made his own marker system. Its based on an ego but he says its a different assembly.

Its a closed bolt marker but from first looks only has the space for one noid, so has he worked out a mech for a closed bolt marker to use one noid ??

just wondering what all you guys think, he was looking to try and get a company to help him manufacture his designs... as a cocker lover id love to see this happen, and even more so how the hell it works ??

Theres not enough room for an Mq valve in there, is there 2 noids is there one ?

Thoughts, Ideas, Would you get one how much would you pay ?

Video Here

Specifications

Designer

Jose A. Cabra

Objective

Design and produce an innovative marker prototype.
Showcase my design abilities in an actual functioning unit that can be mass produced.

Features

Closed bolt operation

Eclipse Ego form factor; made to look like an EGO but can be assimilated into different form factors.

Very low kick due to low reciprocating mass and magnetic brake system. Total reciprocating mass is less than 30 grams.

Weight

521 grams without barrel, 9V battery, and main regulator (actual prototype).

Dimensions

Length: 275mm without barrel
Height: 223mm
Width: 26.1mm

Materials Used

-7000 and 6000 aluminum alloys
-Brass

Link To nation http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2862002

Hawkins

Splash > All
Jul 8, 2007
Kent/Sevenoaks
Anyone know of a 3output solenoid ?? normal ones are 2 but im prittty sure this runs off a 3, if so i know how its done and gonna try to make one :)

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Very interesting design

Would be interesting to see how it performs compared to existing open bolt markers of that style like the Ego or Timmy.

Hawkins

Splash > All
Jul 8, 2007
Kent/Sevenoaks
Ive asked him and its bassically a cocker, is has an internal rammer which moves the bolt back and forth and his own version on an MQ valve for the valve so still 2 solenoids..

I have my own design of closed bolt ego style marker that would run off of 1 4way noid ( its got to have 3 outputs ), thanks to spangley i know the 4way noid isnt a problem. just someone who knows microelectronics to make me a board for it, or it theres a board already that controlls a 4way noid ??

Ill put up a pic or 2 if I ever start to make it ^

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
What do you mean by a 4 way noid? On the whole, solenoids (ignoring proportional ones) only have two positions, which can mean:
- open/close an air path ("2-way")
- switch an air path between two ports ("3-way")
- do the same as the 3-way but also vent the inactive port ("4-way" or "5-way")

If you need 3 positions, it usually means two solenoids. Need to know what the desired air paths are.

Hawkins

Splash > All
Jul 8, 2007
Kent/Sevenoaks
Ideally one input with 3 outputs but i understant with a single piston its not possible, Maybe by having a solenoid with 2 active ports and 1 inactive would allow a portion or the ram to be spring return

Niall W

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2007
Cambridgeshire / Swansea
Looks very interesting :)

Not sure why he'd want to copy the look of an ego though, he should make it different otherwise it'll just run the risk of being perceived as a knock off Ego.