Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New Empire Prophecy or second hand Dye Rotor?

BubbleGumBob

Free Style Baby!
Mar 10, 2007
Reading/Newbury
My comments are a little oneside having only used the profesy once but hey.

the profiesy is much lighter and is great but i would only suggest buying one if your playing 5 man, having seen the feednecks snap i cant imgine they stand up well in a xball format due to the increase in diving etc etc, having used my rotor for a session and a half(in xball) now i would say its the better option in a bit scratched but seems to to be near impossible to break i only had one problem which was when the power cable came loose some how. the bats last for ever but cant compare to the profesy having only used it once

not much help i know but hey...

bubble

3L1TE hax

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2009
My bro's got the Rotor and i have the prophecy. As everyone has said the Prophecy is lighter than the Rotor. it also holds more balls, in the same profile (slightly longer) And the speedfeed is sooo much better. my brothers is missing one fin (he brought his second hand) and the whole pod slips back out if you turn it upside down. i've had mine for 6 months, i often just mess around with it and have used it alot, the speedfeed really takes its fairshare of damage, and it hadn't lost a ball and lets all of mine feed :D

However. The prophecy took some time for me to get used to (as in taking it apart changing bats ETC) i can now change the batteries in under 20 seconds... the rotor however i can take apart the whole deal in 20 seconds and i didn't need a manual for hte first time...

but, the rotor has no changable settings, and no RF function.

So its anyones guess which you prefer. Simplicity, or Multifuncionality (think thats a word ;) ) i personally went for the later and have never regretted it.

Plus Lumps a mod, so do as he says ;)

jmelech

Oct 11, 2009
I would recommend the prophecy to anyone, I don't know if people will agree but I think the rotor is pretty ugly aswell compared to the prophecy

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I use a prophecy as i prefer the angle of the lid and the speedfeed is vastly superior.

As for the prophecy feednecks snapping, I've never seen it, i imagine though you'd have to be literally landing on it for that to happen.

They're cheaper, you can buy a 9v converter for them, they run for ages on a set of batteries anyway.

Rotor is a good loader too, more prone to jams with the earlier models. Also very noticeably heavier and lower capacity as stock. Much lower if you've a speedfeed. Expensive too, but they also hold their value better.

I know you've made your choice, no doubt you'll also try a rotor at some point, don't forget to come back and let us know YOUR opinion of them :)