Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New From Scotland!

Kevin Fagan

Jan 27, 2013
Glasgow, UK
Ok cheers for the replys - just one more question - Where could i fill up a 20oz Co2 Bottle local to Bothwell and how much would it cost?

Cheers :p

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Ok cheers for the replys - just one more question - Where could i fill up a 20oz Co2 Bottle local to Bothwell and how much would it cost?

Cheers :p
for £
co2 is a major major hassle to use and completely outdated technology. DO NOT buy a co2 bottle, buy a cheap 3000psi 0.8L air tank for a tenner more and you can get it filled wherever you play. not to mention you'll have a propellant that is very consistent no matter what the weather, and you can accurately gauge exactly how much pressure you still have in your tank.

i won't go in to the detail but believe me when i say that co2 is just a complete hassle to fill anyway.

Kevin Fagan

Jan 27, 2013
Glasgow, UK
Right - Think I'm just going to get that Bravo one starter pack and upgrade as I go alone.

Cheapest ive seen the marker is £120 on its own so £30 gets me my co2 mask and hopper

First upgrade which will be purchased will be the 3000psi.8L compressed air- where else apart from playing fields could this be filled up ?

Wont make the Feb meet but game for it in March if you let me know where & when.

Tam Rankin

#29 PlumLife - Edinburgh
Sep 4, 2012
Edinburgh
Hi mate, sadsams right. Go to Rebellion paintball in falkirk, its ownd and ran by a guy called Bryan Laird and he will point you in the right direction bud.

I've still got my BT Omega up for grabs if your intrested and i'll also throw in a steely 0.8L for you only got it new about 5 months ago i'll postup pics later the day bud.

Last edited:

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Right - Think I'm just going to get that Bravo one starter pack and upgrade as I go alone.

Cheapest ive seen the marker is £120 on its own so £30 gets me my co2 mask and hopper

First upgrade which will be purchased will be the 3000psi.8L compressed air- where else apart from playing fields could this be filled up ?

Wont make the Feb meet but game for it in March if you let me know where & when.
I know its easy to get your heart set on something but i'd suggest you seriously reconsider the package you're going for. you are getting a shake and shoot hopper which is worth £3 max and a mask which is guaranteed going to fog up on you just as bad as any rental mask. In combination with my comments above about co2, you'll actually find that both rebellion paintball and a1 paintball do not offer co2 fills and only fill HPA (and for good reasons), and this extends to a lot of sites nowadays. its actually a minority of sites that can offer you a co2.
fill.

if i were you i'd sooner invest in a decent mask and a force feed hopper (even the cheapest you can find is better than a shake n shoot) before anything else. If Tam sorts you out with a tank and marker i bet it'll cost a lot less than £120 which could leave you £50+ to get a THERMAL mask which won't steam up and a force feed loader (and remember even the cheapest force feed loader you can find will perform better than a shake n shoot). but either way hopefully see you on the field sometime soon!

Tam Rankin

#29 PlumLife - Edinburgh
Sep 4, 2012
Edinburgh
I know its easy to get your heart set on something but i'd suggest you seriously reconsider the package you're going for. you are getting a shake and shoot hopper which is worth £3 max and a mask which is guaranteed going to fog up on you just as bad as any rental mask. In combination with my comments above about co2, you'll actually find that both rebellion paintball and a1 paintball do not offer co2 fills and only fill HPA (and for good reasons), and this extends to a lot of sites nowadays. its actually a minority of sites that can offer you a co2.
fill.

if i were you i'd sooner invest in a decent mask and a force feed hopper (even the cheapest you can find is better than a shake n shoot) before anything else. If Tam sorts you out with a tank and marker i bet it'll cost a lot less than £120 which could leave you £50+ to get a THERMAL mask which won't steam up and a force feed loader (and remember even the cheapest force feed loader you can find will perform better than a shake n shoot). but either way hopefully see you on the field sometime soon!
Agreed.

Plus i say this to alot of new ppl wanting to get into the sport. Always buy you mask first its the most important part of your kit and you do not want to go cheap side on them. The next time your on a site and see guys with different masks ask them to try them on so you can feel them on your face. 10 times out of 10 the guys will be alright with that.

dw93

Jan 4, 2012
recurring theme is rebellion falkirk for good reason, they also have 'members days' each month which is a bit more relaxed than a walk on if that's what you are looking for, and their pricing is pretty good. I'd recommend going to a walk on there and renting kit for the day (think that only costs £5) and just have a chat with the guys. they are all pretty good at pointing you in the right direction and giving advise on kit that wont be obsolete after a month (just before you go splashing the cash and realize you could have got something better) ;)