Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

New tank for Angel A.I.R.

Discussion in 'Air' started by OldMan81, Jan 17, 2018.

1. OldMan81 New Member

OldMan81
    Message Count:
    I’m just wondering if anyone has had any success in fitting a new tank to an Angel A.I.R. reg.

I’m getting my rig back up to working order after a LONG hiatus from paintball. I know it’s big, heavy, ugly, and terribly obsolete, but I still love my Angel A.I.R. The problem is the original tank is dated back to 10/00, and with a 15 year design life I’ve had to source a new tank. I’ve gone with a Ninja SL2 77 (the lightest tank available here in the States), sourced the proper o-ring, and fitted it to the reg with no issues. However, the original tank says that it should only be used with the A.I.R. reg, so I’m a little skeptical about gassing it up with a new tank not designed specifically for the A.I.R.

Any experience or insight would be greatly appreciated.

2. BOD The brotherhood

BOD
    Message Count:
    I'm not familiar with angel air systems but if the bottle/reg thread is the same and the bottle pressure is the same i can't see there being any problems.

3. OldMan81 New Member

OldMan81
    Message Count:
    I checked with Ninja, and the tank screws freely on the reg, so I’m fairly certain the threads are the same. They’re also both 4500 psi (300 bar), so I should be good to go there.

The only real thing that concerns me is the difference in o-ring size between the new and old tank, but the groove they sit in is different, so that only makes sense.

4. BOD The brotherhood

BOD
    Message Count:
    If it was a different thread it would be really obviously different, as far as i know every bottle and reg uses the same standard thread and have done for many years.

Raffles likes this.
  5. OldMan81 New Member

OldMan81
    Message Count:
    Chris at Ninja Paintball pretty much said the same thing. I’m just wondering if anyone else has used a different tank on an A.I.R. (probably not, I know this thing is a brick :p ).

Thanks for chiming in, BOD!

Raffles likes this.
  6. Raffles Going....going....not quite dead yet...

Raffles
    Message Count:
    I used an air for years -'standard' bottles will fit as it is really just a regulator (albeit a fancy electronic one).

7. Dusty Don't run, you'll only die tired....

Dusty
    Message Count:
    Any bottle will fit, don't overthink it. As long as it's 300 bar rated then you're good to go.