Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

**New** UK Masters 7 Man Series

Wendyism

Lady Organ Grinder
Throughout this season we have been approached by a large number of teams to run a 7 man series......

So here you are ladies and gentlemen,

Venue for all six rounds - Unique Pursuits, J19 of the M1, postcode NN14 2QD

Good car parking facilities, a pavilion on site selling refreshments, HPAC supplying the air........what more could you ask for....ice creams in the warmer months...

We are unsure whether to use ramping or semi only, but either way it will be capped at 15bps, with equipment on site to check, as teams book into the event, we will put it to a vote....

Prizes will be given to the overall winner, runner up and third, as well as the usual prizes on the day.

The dates;

March 12th

April 16th CHANGED to 30th April
(the Pro Tour will also attend this event, Saturday and Sunday)

May 14th

June 11th

July 9th CHANGED to 30th July

August 27th

If you require any further information i am only too happy to answer any questions you may have.

:D :D :D

Jasper

Northern Heroes #03
Sep 3, 2003
Carlisle UK
Originally posted by Wendyism
If you require any further information i am only too happy to answer any questions you may have.

:D :D :D
Why???

No offense but is there not enough events to try an go to in a year all the teams are spread all over the different series as it is so the the whole tourney scene is suffering.

If this game is to go forward in this country then there needs to be only TWO leagues a Northern League and a Southern League the 2 winners are promoted in to the pro league with the 2 who are bottom in the pro league relegated back to the respective leagues. It should all be 7 man as the major leagues are as in millenium and NPPL are. Ditch all the 5 man an 3 man an the newly introduced again 10 man.

Instead of trying to cater for everybody set a standard an then its up to the players and whether they really want to play when they have to do some work by either traveling to be in a team or trying to put a team together. There are enough players out there its just there spead all over the different series.

If this was to happen you would see the standard of play go up tenfold in this country but it wont happen as no offense to you wendy or the other organisers of series as i admire what you do but i just believe that how it is now will never improve the game or give it any credibility as a sport.

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
Originally posted by Jasper
Why???

No offense but is there not enough events to try an go to in a year all the teams are spread all over the different series as it is so the the whole tourney scene is suffering.

If this game is to go forward in this country then there needs to be only TWO leagues a Northern League and a Southern League the 2 winners are promoted in to the pro league with the 2 who are bottom in the pro league relegated back to the respective leagues. It should all be 7 man as the major leagues are as in millenium and NPPL are. Ditch all the 5 man an 3 man an the newly introduced again 10 man.

Instead of trying to cater for everybody set a standard an then its up to the players and whether they really want to play when they have to do some work by either traveling to be in a team or trying to put a team together. There are enough players out there its just there spead all over the different series.

If this was to happen you would see the standard of play go up tenfold in this country but it wont happen as no offense to you wendy or the other organisers of series as i admire what you do but i just believe that how it is now will never improve the game or give it any credibility as a sport.
Easier said than done

+TysoN+

bring the pain
Oct 29, 2004
stockton-on-tees
www.myspace.com
should be up to the players what format they wish to play, dont get me wrong 7 man is awsome, but having played the 3 man the other day and the 10 man, both a great laugh and i would love to play them both again, you hav to rember not all tornie players take it as seriouse as u seem to want, due to money or what ever. but if the demand is out ther then why not cater for every one, the players and teams that want it and are good enuff will make it to the pro tour regardless.

Shades

Live Life
Aug 9, 2005
Midlands
Visit site
Sorry Jasper but I think your loosing sight of why most people play tournament paintball.

State Side there’s the NPPL and Europe has the Masters, two big series. You see all the videos of these premier events and get too see the worlds best professional and armature do there stuff.

But and this is the big BUT, only a very small minority of tournament players enter or wish to enter these events. Most players just like the crack of playing GOOD all round tournament paintball, be it 3, 5, 7 or 10 person. Most people have a budget for there lecher activates so not having to travel miles to an event helps, and allows them to play more often.

Like any sport especially with the younger players there a tendency to try and aspire to the big time, go pro and get the lime light. Great! This is what putts the best teams together, but for 95% of people that’s not on the agenda.

What we have now works and catering for more diversity in the sport of paintball is the way forward.

Quoting a line out of a film “If you build it; they will come”

Go for it Wendy and the Fallen Angels. ;)

Graham-DV8

Girlz,Booze & Balling....
Nov 12, 2002
North East, UK
groups.msn.com
Originally posted by Wendyism

We are unsure whether to use ramping or semi only, but either way it will be capped at 15bps, with equipment on site to check, as teams book into the event, we will put it to a vote....
Would say have it as ramping, simply to differentiate (sp?) from the likes of Bullies (7man/Semi) and the other Masters (5man/Semi), although now thinking abou tit the PA's 7man :rolleyes:, deppends on who the Masters want to compete with I guess ;)

Also if its ramping, it could be used as pratice for Mill events next year since from memory ;), there ramping

Ohhh, quick question then :p, what will you be using to check the 15bps speed ?Also if ramping is used, the ramp start point? PSP/Mill etc :)

Either way, a 7man Masters run by the Angels can only be a good thing and improve the quality of the 7man tourny series within the UK or ast least shake things up abit, as for there being too many tournys within the UK, yeah there probs is, but when a series stops making money, it stops holding tournys simple, so only the better series will survive :p