Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

NPPL Results

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Controversial Quarters

Originally posted by Robbo
Sam, I must admit to having a little chuckle to myself with exactly the same phrase coming into my mind ......:):):):)
:p

I should say that i feel sorry for Rage.....but that would be a lie;)

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Controversial Quarters

1--Oh my God Paul, a crowd's boos now being symptomatic of the truth ?????

:)

2--Crowds will boo at the slightest hint of scandal, real or not !!

3--Dynasty did not get any favoured decisions no more than Rage got victimised but somebody had to be the loser in this and once decided, the bullsh1t bandwagon was gonna be set off at full speed no matter which way it had gone...

In the end, the right final decsion was made, Magued and the rest of the judges made the calls and they stuck by them...nuf said I think !!
1--of course not but in the absence of any clear explanation the door is open for peeps to believe whatever.
2--and they also boo when they think something fishy has gone down whether they're correct or not but until somebody offers an explanation that makes any sense this incident will only confirm some folks prejudices and look like another cover-up of a screw-up.
3--In the end?! After what? What about the calls during the game itself? Were they correct or simply the calls that were made?

Which reminds me--someplace else you mentioned a whole laundry list of other stuff you know about. Will any of those things end up on here, or in the mag or will they remain your little secrets? :p :rolleyes: :)

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Were the judges the same judges who marshalled Sweden, i.e the scandinavian guys like Powertrip and Joy?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Controversial Quarters

Originally posted by Baca Loco
1--of course not but in the absence of any clear explanation the door is open for peeps to believe whatever.
2--and they also boo when they think something fishy has gone down whether they're correct or not but until somebody offers an explanation that makes any sense this incident will only confirm some folks prejudices and look like another cover-up of a screw-up.
3--In the end?! After what? What about the calls during the game itself? Were they correct or simply the calls that were made?

Which reminds me--someplace else you mentioned a whole laundry list of other stuff you know about. Will any of those things end up on here, or in the mag or will they remain your little secrets? :p :rolleyes: :)

Paul, I never saw the game but from listening to a hundred and one versions, here is what I believe what happened.
Rage had I think a 6 on 3 advantage come the end game...Oli got bunkered and the contention is this, the guy bunkered Oli without getting shot from Rage players and that he did get shot from the judges and Dynasty...what is indisputable is that Oli was shot several times and he continued to play on and eliminate several more Rage players but if the bunker guy was already eliminated then I see no problem..
Oli was told to carry on playing by the judges and the Rage player was duly eliminated and Dynasty went on to win the game but Oli hung the flag with hits on him.
Now the judges, as I understand it, told to Oli to play on and if this is the case, then Oli and therefore Dynasty have no reason to feel bad.
Whatever happened is pretty much academic as the judges made the call and stuck by it even to the point that if Dynasty had had the game taken away from them, then the judges would have withdrawn their services for the rest of the tournament, so strong was the feeling among them that they made the right call.
All the bull that happened afterwards should never have happened and had more to do with people not sticking to concentrating on the principal considerations when adjudicating situations like this.
As far as I am concerned Rage got what they deserved !

All this crap about Dynasty being the beneficiaries of bent judging, an impartial system and whatever is bull, Dynasty are simply the best team in the world, like it or not, this is the truth of the matter and I for one congratulate them on another great win and for the way they conducted themselves in the face of such abuse and potential injustice..they were true professionals !!!

As for the other goss mate....all in good time...all in good time :)

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Shame on me but I can't help it

1--Paul, I never saw the game but from listening to a hundred and one versions, here is what I believe what happened.
Rage had I think a 6 on 3 advantage come the end game...Oli got bunkered and the contention is this, the guy bunkered Oli without getting shot from Rage players and that he did get shot from the judges and Dynasty...what is indisputable is that Oli was shot several times and he continued to play on and eliminate several more Rage players but if the bunker guy was already eliminated then I see no problem..

2--Whatever happened is pretty much academic as the judges made the call and stuck by it even to the point that if Dynasty had had the game taken away from them, then the judges would have withdrawn their services for the rest of the tournament, so strong was the feeling among them that they made the right call.

3--As far as I am concerned Rage got what they deserved !

4--All this crap about Dynasty being the beneficiaries of bent judging, an impartial system and whatever is bull, Dynasty are simply the best team in the world, like it or not, this is the truth of the matter

5--As for the other goss mate....all in good time...all in good time :)
1--well then, grain of salt.;) :) Perhaps someone else can comment on reports Olli turned on Rage playerafter being bunkered but of course if bunkering didn't count then turning didn't either. . .?
2--so who exactly is in charge? :rolleyes:
3--still, an unbiased opinion--:D
4--as much as you know it pains me to agree with the broader assessment of Dynasty as a team it doesn't mitigate any and every individual circumstance. That's practically saying a botched game or a bad call is meaningless cus they're so good anyhow.
5--fair enough--as long as it's coming sometime. ;)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Shame on me but I can't help it

1--well then, grain of salt.;) :) Perhaps someone else can comment on reports Olli turned on Rage playerafter being bunkered but of course if bunkering didn't count then turning didn't either. . .?
2--so who exactly is in charge? :rolleyes:
3--still, an unbiased opinion--:D
4--as much as you know it pains me to agree with the broader assessment of Dynasty as a team it doesn't mitigate any and every individual circumstance. That's practically saying a botched game or a bad call is meaningless cus they're so good anyhow.
5--fair enough--as long as it's coming sometime. ;)
1. Whatever !

2. Your guess is as good as mine on that one.

3. Definitely not unbiased but also it is a reasonable one !

4. That's unfair, I did not infer that at all !!!
I am saying that there are plenty of people out there who would rather criticize and malign them and talk bull about them when in fact, this is borne out of jealousy rather than recognition of their qualities.

5. :):):)

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Re: Shame on me but I can't help it

1. Whatever !

2. Your guess is as good as mine on that one.

3. Definitely not unbiased but also it is a reasonable one !

4. That's unfair, I did not infer that at all !!!
I am saying that there are plenty of people out there who would rather criticize and malign them and talk bull about them when in fact, this is borne out of jealousy rather than recognition of their qualities.

5. :):):)
Asking the questions, confronting authority and generally being a pain in the--well, you know, I'm just doing my self-appointed duty as the People's Mod. (And yes, I'm still Your Humble Moder8or):rolleyes: :D
1--it's just that I seem to recall a similar situation where a Nexus player spun on an eliminated Ava player who had shot the Nexus player who spun--and the spinner got eliminated too despite the fact the Ava player was already hit. If you see what I'm gettin' at.
:eek:
2--yikes!
3--but bias can potentially cloud judgment :p ;)
4--kay, but it sounded like you were saying any complaint of a result couldn't be based on reality but had to be a matter of envy
5--:cool:

knobbs

Sep 16, 2002
www.teaminfected.com
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Controversial Quarters

Paul, I never saw the game but from listening to a hundred and one versions, here is what I believe what happened.
Oli was told to carry on playing by the judges and the Rage player was duly eliminated and Dynasty went on to win the game but Oli hung the flag with hits on him.
Now the judges, as I understand it, told to Oli to play on and if this is the case, then Oli and therefore Dynasty have no reason to feel bad.
Whatever happened is pretty much academic as the judges made the call and stuck by it even to the point that if Dynasty had had the game taken away from them, then the judges would have withdrawn their services for the rest of the tournament, so strong was the feeling among them that they made the right call.
All the bull that happened afterwards should never have happened and had more to do with people not sticking to concentrating on the principal considerations when adjudicating situations like this.
As far as I am concerned Rage got what they deserved !

All this crap about Dynasty being the beneficiaries of bent judging, an impartial system and whatever is bull, Dynasty are simply the best team in the world, like it or not, this is the truth of the matter and I for one congratulate them on another great win and for the way they conducted themselves in the face of such abuse and potential injustice..they were true professionals !!!

As for the other goss mate....all in good time...all in good time :)
I think the second version of events is the correct one.

As I posted elsewhere, I was on the spectator side, and everyone immediately around me was already saying "he's hit" before the Rage guy was even CLOSE to Ollie's bunker. He was hit about 4 steps out of his dorito. With the Rage camp acting like they did, I would've tossed them about 30 seconds into the tirade. They were trying to bully thier way into a win.

So take that for what it's worth...I think alot of people are letting the normal disdain for the top team to color what they saw. The refs called it right and stuck by it in my opinion.

Baca, about the spinning thing...spinning in my opinion is a bit different because if the judge is at a bit of a bad angle, they may not be clear on who shot who first because it all takes place in less than a second. With this one, the guy was hit and the judges were signalling before he even got close to the bunker, so they knew what was up and called it as it should've been.

knobbs

Sep 16, 2002
www.teaminfected.com
Re: Re: Re: Re: Controversial Quarters

OK, whale. Then maybe you can clarify a coupl'a things--was the result altered after the game--more than once?! And if so did the rules change during that time period?
Just what did the team's reps have to do with anything unless you are implying it factored into decisions that were made either on the field or after the fact?
And while you may think issues of favoritism are unfounded apparently parts of the crowd didn't agree as Dynasty got booed during the finals.
Here's why what happened happened. Dynasty is Chuck's team and if they win controversial game, you appear to be biased. But in not giving them the win, you take the rightful prize away from the winners for the sake of not looking biased.

If I'm an NPPL ref and Dynasty comes on my field I'd be praying they lose or they beat the other team down completely. Any controversial call for them is a lose-lose situation.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Controversial Quarters

Originally posted by knobbs
1--He was hit about 4 steps out of his dorito.

2--Baca, about the spinning thing...spinning in my opinion is a bit different because if the judge is at a bit of a bad angle,

3--Here's why what happened happened. Dynasty is Chuck's team and if they win controversial game, you appear to be biased. But in not giving them the win, you take the rightful prize away from the winners for the sake of not looking biased.

4--If I'm an NPPL ref and Dynasty comes on my field I'd be praying they lose or they beat the other team down completely. Any controversial call for them is a lose-lose situation.
1--that was the second Rage player. The one at issue is the first one who came out of the laydown on Dynasty's side of the field.
But really I'm not arguing in favor of one call over another. What I am arguing for is a transparent process. In PB the standard is when the heat is on, ignore it, curse at it or deny it. Should PB ever be a real, bigtime sport the sports media won't be playing' kissy face with the big boys. Might as well start gettin' used to it now.
2--your opinion is irrelevant cos in captain's meetings for the NPPL this year, with refs in attendance, this issue has been addressed.
3--No, what happened happened because the top Ams and Pros haven't had the rules applied to them with the same strictness as everyone else. And until the refs start pulling Pros for cursing or refusing to leave the field immediately, or arguing calls everybody watching will have reason to suspect the process. And that's unfortunate cus I've seen firsthand that the NPPL is working to provide the best events they can but to one degree or another they are saddled with the history of past events.
4--no, it's an opportunity. For the refs it's an opportunity to call a clean game to the best of their ability regardless and for the promoters it's an opportunity to not only claim to be different but to actually be different. Controversial call? Mixed opinions? Get out in front of the issue and explain the circumstances and how the outcome was determined. Will some still disagree? and will some remain cynical? Sure, but others will accept and appreciate the accountability and it will change the standard pattern that PB has followed in the past. Ignore, curse, deny.