Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Number of paintball players in the UK

Does anyone know roughly the number of players in the UK that own equipment and play regulary etc?
It's just out of interest.
I'd like to get some kind of demographic as well.Any ideas?
I'm very close to persuading someone to sponsor my paint if I hand out his business cards at tourneys and he reckons noone with any money plays it.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
No idea of the numbers, but one of the teams I play for is almost completely made up of IT professionals. Other occupations of players I know that might help include University lecturer, architect, manufacturing company MD, project manager, senior sales consultant, mechanical engineer, private education school owner, software engineer.....
Almost by definition, you have to have a reasonable amount of money to play much. The one thing I have noticed is the large number of people in the IT industry in one form or another.

Thanks Liz.
Yeah I noticed the IT thing too.I work in IT also.
(Well self employed at the moment, but if any managers out there wanna give a fellow paintballer a bit of training please offer!)
Thing I'm trying to figure out is if I hand out an accountants business card will there be a response?I mean if I get half a dozen people per year that would be a result (apparently).

Darkwerks

Oct 27, 2001
London
Visit site
Figures of 800-1500 have been mentioned before on these boards. I thinks it's probably diffucult to get a very accurate figure because there isn't a regulatroy body with a database. By no means are all players registered with the UKPSF, but I would guess that thier estimate is not far off.

Billteamdirt

Apr 15, 2002
Not sure never been there
Visit site
You should get a response, but that will depend on where you generaly play....you will have better luck in say 100 klick radius of london than you willl in Toulouse....a slightly underhanded thing you can do is just have people that play on teams that you know fairly well after a tournament just have them call for estimates and such...."Hey Skullicious gave me this card last weekend at this tournament we were at and as i was looking for a new accountant anyway i thought i would check your rates" ;)

And you do not have to just give out cards at events either...you can show him your team is valuable by putting his cards in restaurants and stores on bulletin boards with little notes saying to be sure to mention team such and such when dialing....with just a little bit of work your team could be worth 700-800 bucks worth of advertising...no need for you to limit yourself to just ballers afterall.....

Gretik

Below Green, Yellow maybe
Oct 26, 2001
Derbyshire
Visit site
UKPSF

How many people do you think are not registered with the UKPSF, i never got around to it. I still need to do it. I just wonder whether I am the exception or the rule.

le-pig

the brotherhood
May 16, 2002
isle of man
Visit site
if the ukpsf was free to join it would have better results,im not saying its dear(its not),but a lot of perspective members caln't be botherd or caln't send payments whithout a secure card payment online