Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Off-hand shooting/snapshooting?

Hello all-
Just had training today, and man, I just sucked it up. Like, really underwhelmed myself. We practised snap-shooting and off-hand snapshooting. I was terrible, like, utter ****. My snapshooting left-handed wasn't awful (as I AM left-handed), but right handed was just crap. I was wondering what the hell I can do to improve it? Please, don't tell me to walk around the house holding the gun in my right hand, as I can shoot with my right hand comfortably...it's just that I can't snapshoot with it, or make the first shots accurate. Also, whenever I come out the right side of my barricade to snap, I can't seem to get my head out far enough to see **** (lined up behind the gun)...I feel like I'm shooting blind. So yeah...advice'd be appreciated muchly. Peace.

-Mike the obnoxious (humbled) American

ChrisWhiteSTEL

Mile High Club
Oct 21, 2002
Birmingham, UK
Visit site
It just takes time and some good team mates to help you when you have problems. They can see what your doing alot better than you can personally, so ask there advice to help tailor the best position for off-hand. :)

Go for it... things can only get better :rolleyes: :D

Bunka Monky

Oct 2, 2002
www.ukpaintball.co.uk
Basically mate i think uve been chucked in at the deep end lol its hard to learn to snap shoot properly against oponents u wanna start off a lil slower, set up som old paint boxs or milk cartoons etc n practice comin out with ur off hand n snapping those 3 shots max.
Also when ur comin out try n tilt ur hopper in slightly so that u can see past it effectivly and know what your shooting at.

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
watch a tele program which has characters that appear often in an episode. then when these chararcters come on screen snap shoot the ****ers. then just keep practising :D

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Right, forgive me if this is teaching grandma to suck eggs but...

Have you ever been shown that technique whereby to shoot off-hand you actually keep the grip in the same hand, but cross the marker over your chest to the opposite side (your off side) and then slip your off hand underneath and around your foregrip?

This allows you to shoot 'offhand' with your 'onhand'. It feels weird at first but I find it a lot easier than switching hands...

Sean Diamond

Extreme Rage Man !!!
Apr 9, 2002
Birmingham
I have always been able to hold my marker in either my left or right hand. Now when i switch it seems comfortable and natural. Sometimes i switch without knowing and then realise half way through a rec game that i've played half of it left handed, it just doesn't bother me. I just suggest getting to the point where it feels all natural - then ur on the road to success.

By the way, strange as it may seem (because i'm right handed) i can actually walk the trigger faster with my left hand (max is about 13bps) whereas my right is slower (best is about 11) - stange that. However i am more accurate shooting right handed. Wierd...

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Originally posted by Benfrain
Right, forgive me if this is teaching grandma to suck eggs but...

Have you ever been shown that technique whereby to shoot off-hand you actually keep the grip in the same hand, but cross the marker over your chest to the opposite side (your off side) and then slip your off hand underneath and around your foregrip?

This allows you to shoot 'offhand' with your 'onhand'. It feels weird at first but I find it a lot easier than switching hands...
I find this is easier to do than swapping hands and more effective as it suits my shooting style.