Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Oldskool New Guy- Help!

Henry.B

London Hope #73
Jun 9, 2002
Amersham
Hi,

I haven't played paintball in 9 years, and I really want to get back into sup'airball, tournaments and walk on days...

where do I start?

Got some old kit, but I have no idea where to start looking for a team, or even playing walk on days, as the sport seems to have evolved so much since I last played... help!

Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

Cheers!

Henry.B

London Hope #73
Jun 9, 2002
Amersham
Ha! Feels awkward to start again doesn't it?! Can't wait though!

I'm in High Wycombe in buckinghamshire, not to far from berkshire, and hertfordshire. Whereabouts are you?

diaboro919

Crimson Baller
Jun 14, 2012
Dorset
well welcome back :D

best thing i found when starting (or starting again haha) gear wise is to get a decent mask. no use having all the gear and not being able to see your opponents :p then move to the marker, loader, playing gear etc.

cant help you with finding a team :S but forums would be the best place to look.

walk on wise, most sites have them either first or last Sunday of the month.

think I've covered most of it but ill be floating round the forum if you need any more info

RUSSO

No Hope #75
Jul 27, 2012
Luton
im in luton mate so not far from you. what gear have you got?
id reccomend going down to bricket wood tbh

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Weekend Warriors near Reading run walk-on games on the 1st Sundy of every month.
http://www.weekend-warriors.co.uk/

The regulars are a pretty friendly bunch, and the site is well run with some good field layouts. Cost is £45 for the day including a box of paint - usually Sterling Rec grade and of good quality. Looks like it's only about 20 miles from where you live. Wish it was that close to me :(

There is also Bricket Wood round the top of the M25 in Hertfordshire which hosts Sup-air tournaments
http://bricketwoodpaintball.co.uk/

Last edited:
Reactions: Bolter

Henry.B

London Hope #73
Jun 9, 2002
Amersham
im in luton mate so not far from you. what gear have you got?
id reccomend going down to bricket wood tbh
Hey, yeah I've heard about bricketwood- need to find out more info about them; apparently they do alot of sup'air there?

Got a JT Proteus which needs a new lens, and an invert mini, which has sat in it's box for 5 years- never once been used, along with a similar condition empire reloader hopper. Also got a secondhand PM7 yet to be used, and most other stuff.

Mainly looking at getting some cleats, an air system and mayber a Dye i4 to start with, then I might update some of my other kit over time.

Have you started playing again yet then? And are you thinking of hitting bricketwood?

Henry.B

London Hope #73
Jun 9, 2002
Amersham
well welcome back :D

best thing i found when starting (or starting again haha) gear wise is to get a decent mask. no use having all the gear and not being able to see your opponents :p then move to the marker, loader, playing gear etc.

cant help you with finding a team :S but forums would be the best place to look.

walk on wise, most sites have them either first or last Sunday of the month.

think I've covered most of it but ill be floating round the forum if you need any more info
Hey, thanks for the advice- I've got an old JT Proteus- one of the first batch! Was thinking of maybe getting a Dye i4, everything else is pretty much set, apart from the air system- which ones would you recommend?

Cheers!

Reactions: diaboro919

Henry.B

London Hope #73
Jun 9, 2002
Amersham