Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Our AIR SYSTEM ARE ILLEGAL

KOHI

KaKita Dojo
Apr 10, 2005
Japan/Basingstoke
Visit site
Having just been to the UKPSF conference I thought I would pass on the information given about air bottles/air regs.
As it turns out we all have illegal reg, why you ask because they are not pi marked and there are only two regs that are.
The guys sited the relevant EC Directive witch is Council Directive 1999/36/EC on transportable pressure equipment.
This is the said same document that means we have to have PI marked bottles, the bit that says that we have to PI marked regs is in article 3 section three.

‘Valves and other accessories having a direct safety function in transportable pressure equipment, in particular safety valves, valves for filling and emptying and cylinder valves, shall be subject to a conformity assessment procedure at least a stringent as that undergone by the receptacle or tank to which they are fitted.’

So in terms that I understand our air reg are required by law PI marked i.e. CE approved like the bottles with a PI mark
It was also pointed out that just cause the bottle has pi mark and the reg is fixed into it does not mean the reg is covered.

So unless you have a PI marked reg you have a air system that brakes the law and what scares me our suppliers have sold them to us.
Is there some recourse to get our money back as they have sold us a product the is unlawful?????:mad:

Your thoughts?

sammurphy

Aug 10, 2006
you prob wont be able to get your money back because you paid for it, did you ask anything if it was legal or along those lines?

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
These directives need accurate and unbiased translation into laymans language. Apparently there are many loopholes and possible cross meanings that could and may have been misrepresented by an interested party.

But the jist of it is, any pressure rated equipment must be correctly tested and marked to show it's conformity to the PED (pressure equipment directive).

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
Indeed, and if it is brought into more strict regulations then I for one am ****ed as

1) the comapny who made my reg has gone out of business

2) Im poor