Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paint Prices

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by Paul_collier
A lot of sponsored teams aren't going to be able to tell you what price they pay for paint.

Paul.
Very true. I know we aren't allowed to say what we pay for our paint so I'd imagine most Diablo contracts are the same.

Bully

Jul 12, 2001
Rochdale UK
www.playpaintball.co.uk
Spice up the thread

OK here we go!!!

I have a good idea what teams pay for paintballs at tournies and I also know what a lot of sites pay as I see both sides of the fence. If a paint company wants to sponsor a team it is OK, I believe that there are very few sponsored teams around. Sponsorship to me means something for free --- Most teams therefore recieve subsidised paintballs (discount) -- cheap paint or buy 6 get one free.

Who subsidises this paint price --- the sites !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who use vast amounts more than the average tournie team.

There is a case were teams who use maybe 5-6 boxes a month pay less than the site who uses 50-60 boxes a month. WHY!!! Another instance the average tournie player has a couple of free T shirts to promote their choosen paintball supplier but the sites don't get free T shirt in the volume tournie players get them WHY!!!

Now I have stirred up the teams my question is

If all teams paid say £40/box then the paint suppliers would make a bigger profit (profit is not a dirty word)

The paint supplier would then see extra profits and hopefully reinvest the money in PAINTBALL, both at rental level and tournament level. Maybe not a bad idea.

If the market for Paintball increased as a result of the reinvestment then the price could comedown.

So I have stirred up a hornets nest but I thought I would spice up a dull thread.

:D :D

Steve

Just a thought don't kick me to much!!!

Pay? For paint?

Jeez, that sux...

Anyways, Mr Bull...

>>>>>>>There is a case were teams who use maybe 5-6 boxes a month pay less than the site who uses 50-60 boxes a month. WHY!!! Another instance the average tournie player has a couple of free T shirts to promote their choosen paintball supplier but the sites don't get free T shirt in the volume tournie players get them WHY!!!

Presumably cos the paint sponsor is relying on the team either getting his name and logo in tha magazines, or talking to/whupping teams at tourneys and encouraging them to buy tha paint his sponsor is selling...

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
One things for sure, if I had to pay that much for paint I couldn't play half the amount I do!

Paul.

.... of course I still would play as much lol, I might have to sell my house and llive in a tent though :D :D

nickp

Feb 27, 2002
Manchester, UK
teamrdx.co.uk
Originally posted by Paul_collier
One things for sure, if I had to pay that much for paint I couldn't play half the amount I do!

Paul.

.... of course I still would play as much lol, I might have to sell my house and llive in a tent though :D :D
I have to agree the price of paint is what holds a lot of teams back, it costs so much just to play tourneys, that often teams can't afford to practice,

I do understand that there are two sides to this story and the paint companies have to make there money.