Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball on soaps,comedy shows.etc

odins-sidekick

SPARTANS!!
May 15, 2011
manchester
everyone knows the first rule of paintball!
you dont talk about paintball! wait sorry thats fight club.
the first rule is never ever take off your mask on the field!
but my girlfriend was watching her soaps the other day and 3 of the main charachters were playing paintball in the woods, when they come across a serious part of the story and they decide to lift up there masks and discuss the problem in this current episode.10 seconds later they are ambushed by guys wearing, what looks like delta force gear, (boo hiss) and shoot the guys who have lifted up there masks and then have a good old laugh about it.
similar thing happened on big bang theory a few weeks back where they have an argument in a game and one of them decides to sacrfice themselves to stop the arguing.
he goes out in front of the opposition and taunts them while not wearing a mask then gets shot in the chest a few hundred times and everyone laughs!
my problem is do regular punters watch these programs and think "its ok for these actors to do it, so it must be safe" even though the marshalls have told them 30 seconds ago to never ever take off there mask.
just a little rant, but thought someone could enlighten me and let us all know why.
:)

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
There's only one reason they do it and I for one am far from condoning it...

Paintball goggles make for bad television. Who knew...?

Could you imagine the press the sport would get if some of that dodgy s**t Delta Farce use went astray and blinded one of those actors, or even worse?

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
It's probably because its almost impossible to act when people can't see your face, yes its a bad example to set, we need more examples of what happens if you take your mask off like byker grove.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
I agree, Matthew Maconaughy took off his mask in that film that one time, and like 10,000 people got blinded in one eye the very next weekend.
When they went to hospital, the Doc on duty there said that he completely understood why they were all admitted, because he had also seen the film, and that if he'd been playing paintball, he would have lifted his mask for sure, because that's what he saw the cool people do on TV. He also said that he thought Jen Aniston was a bit of a let-down in that film, as you never even got to see nipple through the shirt...

True Story.

Reactions: Cook$

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
It's probably because its almost impossible to act when people can't see your face, yes its a bad example to set, we need more examples of what happens if you take your mask off like byker grove.
Sorry, missed this, are you saying that what 'we need' is more press where paintball is portrayed (of course), but if they have to take off the mask you want them to get shot in the face for it, in order to show 'what happens if you take your mask off'? Like in Byker grove, the episode that turned paintball fields into ghost-towns for 3 straight months?

I like your style.

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Sorry Missy - meant as sarcasm, really I couldn't care less if people run around playing paintball on tv without masks on since I'm fairly sure regular punters realise there is a difference between tv and the real world. Also it would be alot harder for them to act convincingly wearing a mask. I just always remember byker grove when ever people talk about paintball on tv, wish I could achieve two head shots with a splatmaster that quikly form that distence.

People kill each other and have super powers on tv as well, I've not killed anyone or jumped of a building assuming I can fly yet despite watching quite a lot of it.