Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PCP air rifle help/suggestions

deaallen

Nov 4, 2010
Basingstoke, Hampshire
Although its not strictly paintball related I was hoping someone on here might be able to help me out.

I've got a rat problem, mainly caused by the feed for our ducks, I've tried poison but with the livestock and the dogs I'm always worried about putting too much down so I'm now looking at shooting them enough to keep them under control.

I've got a gas ram powered air rifle which I've killed a fair few with but its rate of fire is just too slow for the job I need it for. I'm now wanting to buy a PCP or Co2 air rifle but one which uses a magazine so I can get off more than one shot a minute.

So if anyone with any experience could point me in the right direction as to what to look for, preferably don't want to spend over a couple hundred, also happy with second hand, I assume theres also forums for air rifles?

Cheers (y)

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Hello Deano, if you can get to a shop that sells firearms and ask where is there a Venue near or around you. get to that place and you should find they have a whole wall of second hand PCP Rifles / hand guns , also loads of advice !! hope this helps mate.

Reactions: deaallen

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
I picked up a Logun Dominator a few year ago for £300 they're an 8 shot bolt action PCP, there's also the Logun S16 which average around £400 second hand plus plenty of others that are mag fed air rifles.

deaallen

Nov 4, 2010
Basingstoke, Hampshire
Hello Deano, if you can get to a shop that sells firearms and ask where is there a Venue near or around you. get to that place and you should find they have a whole wall of second hand PCP Rifles / hand guns , also loads of advice !! hope this helps mate.
Thanks Bluey, thats actually a really good idea, I know theres a couple of gun shops around me so I'll ask some locals and check them out.

Magic Rat I'll check out those sites also and see whats about.

Thnaks guys

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
+1 on the Weirhauch HW 100 , wonderful air rifle , considered boring due to its pellet on pellet repetitiveness ..very easy to cycle quickly and truly silent.

**** the rats ...

deaallen

Nov 4, 2010
Basingstoke, Hampshire
The Weirhauch HW100 is a bit too steep for me, even at second hand prices :oops:

At the moment I'm leaning towards the BSA ultra .22 multi shot which I've seen sometimes come up for sale for circa £300 secondhand, although I can't find any local to me at that price right now. Anyone knows of anything else I should be looking at which I could buy at that price point?

Cheers, (y)