Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

pmr air leak???

boggydweller

SWIFT,SILENT & DEADLY
Apr 2, 2008
powys
hi
i bought a pmr ltd edition which had been taken apart and the guy could'nt put it back together. i replaced the seal under the solenoid (which the guy had lost) and put it back together. But now i've got an air leak from under the selonoid which i can't stop. i've lubed the seal well and resat the solonoid about three times and put a new battery in (as i read on another thread old batteries could ba a problem) and used a full air bottle but it still leaks. i've also replaced some of the seals on the bolt and lubed that well but can't seem to get to the bottom of the problem.

any help would be appreciated.

cheers roy.

MJ

IM AGG...my mom says
Oct 24, 2007
Tamworth
make sure the input pressure isnt stupid, look on the bottom of your hyper 2 and you should see a brass componant. Wind that all the way in(clockwise) and then out 1 and 1/4 of a turn, cycle the gun, then do another 1/4(anticlockwise) this should stop the leaking from the solenoid area :) try that if not report back ;)

-MJ

boggydweller

SWIFT,SILENT & DEADLY
Apr 2, 2008
powys
hi mj
tried what u suggested and the leak is a lot less but it's still leaking.

any thoughts.

cheers roy

weastie

Platinum Member
Apr 24, 2008
sheffield
if it is i've just had same problem spoke to top guys at dye and was informed the solenoid had gone they sent me another one out which did the trick no more leaks.
took old one apart and it was broken inside
hope this helps you

MJ

IM AGG...my mom says
Oct 24, 2007
Tamworth
Weastie is right. what has happened is either the solenoid is REALLY old or the input pressure is way to high and it has blown your solenoid, if you catch it early enough you can sometimes get away with it. Get a new solenoid from dye. Ring up ash chaplen, he will help you out. Try relubing and resitting the noid one more time because you MIGHT get away with it but save messing around on the off chance it will work just get a new one :)

Hope i have helped BUT weastie took my glory :p

-MJ

boggydweller

SWIFT,SILENT & DEADLY
Apr 2, 2008
powys
hi
thanks for the help, will check solenoid and will contact ash on monday see if he can help.

cheers for your help mj and weastie.

roy

p.s. going to the king of the hill at reading next month for first real comp so hoping to sort it before then as i'd like to test it first.