Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PMR Back Cap Problem

Will L

CUCKING FUNT
Apr 21, 2007
Hi i purchased a PMR from webber of here yesterday night and when i took a closer look at it, the back cap was half in and half out sort of. When i screw it left or right it doesnt go in or out. It just spins.

Will this matter or what? And any suggestions on how to fix it?

titoburito

Old dog - old tricks
Jul 19, 2005
North West
read PGi from a couple of months ago. Olly Bell reviewed the PMR and said that the plastic-esq back-cap has a habit of unscrewing itself. Like T-Impact suggest; get a metal back-cap

rayko

WTD UK: BNIB Dream...
Make sure you have aligned the little grub screw on the manifold in the '6 o'clock position' with the groove in the bolt cavity. If you don't align them properly, you can jam the manifold against the thread the back cap mates against.

If the backcap is shooting itself out, change the backcap o-ring for a slightly larger one. A metal backcap will reduce the chances of rounding out/cracking the backcap, and reducing wear on the backcap thread and most importantly make your PMR look pimpy

Will L

CUCKING FUNT
Apr 21, 2007
Its plastic and i have no idea about the manifold and screws and so on, i also have never shot it, so i would not know. But im going to dry fire it at a friends tomorrow.

I just need to screw it in or get it out. It doesnt screw in or out, it just screws round not moving in or out.

I will be getting a metal back cap anyway, but i cant get it in unless i get this one out.

I guess i could take it to my local field, see what they think of it.

Ash - GI Sportz

GI Sportz
Jun 14, 2006
GI Towers
Hi

If it is just spinnning around, chances are its unscrewed from the body, you just need to pull it out. Its quite a snug fit, so you may need to give it a little force.
When you get it out, check that the previous owner hasnt tried to just shove the bolt kit in without aligning the screw on the manifold, as this will have damaged the threads on the body of the gun. If this is the case, I suggest you take the matter up with them.

If you really cant get it out, PM me, or e-mail me eurotech@dyeprecision.com and will see what else i can do.

Ash Chaplen
Technical Support
DYE Europe

Seany

www.northernquarterpb.com
Mar 19, 2007
Northern Quarter
www.corruptedpb.com
Hi

If it is just spinnning around, chances are its unscrewed from the body, you just need to pull it out. Its quite a snug fit, so you may need to give it a little force.
When you get it out, check that the previous owner hasnt tried to just shove the bolt kit in without aligning the screw on the manifold, as this will have damaged the threads on the body of the gun. If this is the case, I suggest you take the matter up with them.

If you really cant get it out, PM me, or e-mail me eurotech@dyeprecision.com and will see what else i can do.

Ash Chaplen
Technical Support
DYE Europe

long live technicians i say :D

- Seany

Will L

CUCKING FUNT
Apr 21, 2007
Hi

Ash Chaplen
Technical Support
DYE Europe

Ill try that and how do i know what to line up? i dont even know what to look for. oh and the previous owner is on holiday until monday

Oh and heres a pic of what it looks like:

As you can see it should be all the way in, but its not...:D