Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Pods spilling paint. Help needed

Joao Duro

Jul 11, 2001
Portugal
Visit site
Hi guys
I'm using a 5 pod Extreme Rage harness (with 3 pods in it).
I play front, and hav 2 break really fast. When i slide in2 my bunker, i almost always open a pod or 2.

The pod's hinges are facing inwards (2 prevent opening while sliding). I've also tried 2 slant the harness sideways but it aint working right.

Any tips you guys???
Thnx

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Waht pods are you using, how high up is the pack on your back?

Joao Duro

Jul 11, 2001
Portugal
Visit site
Originally posted by Stan
Waht pods are you using, how high up is the pack on your back?
Can't really remenber about the pods, but they're 140 pods.

Last tourney my mates went like "hey Johnny u moron, why u wearin that harn up in ur chest?!"':D'
Yeah. I wear it high to make it easier to pull the pods out.

scribble

Jan 12, 2002
Denver, CO
sound advice...

listen to famine,

sound advice me thinks or alternatively run faster so you dont have slide in to bunker...:)

realistically, i think some new pax are designed to sit higher up your body/back to prevent this...look around online see what types are around also new horizontal aligned pax may help...

u cud always place a small velcro tab on the pots...
superglue? :D

l8r's
Scribs

scribble

Jan 12, 2002
Denver, CO
check it out...

alrite,

m8 tried to look for you...
there are some battle pax that have the pod within a pocket with a huge easy/quick to open velcro strap on it...
back in the indian springs made some seasoned holders these will help you cos your paint simply cant spill when so secured...

hope it helps...
Scribs

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Change the type of pods you use. I had the same problem myself, but instead of the pods popping open from sliding, it happened when I'd grab them to pull them out. Most of the time when it happened the lid would come open, but sometimes the lid and collar would slide off! I simply switched to Fat Boy pods for the loop holders for my Extreme Rage 9 pack and for all the pods in my Indian Creek 5 and the problems stopped right there. The lids fit on tight and they're fastened to the pod rather than a collar around the top. Simpler is better!

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
A bit of electrical tape around the collar holds that on and is a good way of knowing that they are yours... (saying that, if anyone knows anyone on the Kestrels Team roster can you say that i want mine back:D)

Plus - some pods are just sh1te... I used to have some Indian Springs pods that were useless. You could open them by blowing on the lid!

If you are skint you could try putting a bit of tape across the lip of the pot to make the closure tighter. But i'd buy new ones if i were you (and i'm skint):(