Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Portugal Nations X-Ball Question?? Maggot??

Let me just say I am not trying to start ANYTHING here - I just have a simple question.

On the website for Mega 2003 the Nations Cup X-ball team listing & schedule is as follows:

Competing teams in X-Ball:
Portugal, USA, England, France, Russia, Germany, Denmark, Sweden

Games at Mega 2003
Marshalling team: France
Germany V Russia
Portugal V USA
Portugal V England
Sweden V USA

My Question is - why are both the US and Portugal playing 2 games - and Denmark playing 0??

goose

Typical American response - not like you got the superpower title by doing anything but OUTSPENDING the other guy.

The U.S.S.R. went broke - the U.S. just hides it better :)

No I don't want this to turn into a "U.S. versus the world" thing - I like the americans (after all who else would the rest of the world have to make fun of) - I just couldn't let TJ go unanswered.

goose

P.S. Someone still wanna answer my first question.

eurotrash

Aug 8, 2001
SF, Calif.
Visit site
Goose, good question rigth there,

Unfortunately I, personnaly, cannot help you with this.. I am still trying to figure out why Portugal (best team last year, Elite, 77th Am) and Germany (best team abenteuerladen, 32rd Pro) are playing EXL while Austria (Dalton, 21st Pro), or Belgium (Worms 15th Pro)or even Hungaria (Bullets, 40th Am) aren't listed....

Go figure :rolleyes: :confused:

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
I would imagine that it is because the teams are chosen to represent countries where EXL will be played.
I suspect that you'll see one from each of the 6 host nations.

Magued

Jul 10, 2001
Visit site
scheduele Nations cup.

We are not totally ready with the schedule. The reason why Portugal have 2 games is beacuse it is in Portugal. The main idea was to expose the home nation as much as possible.
But this may change this week as we havent finilazed the schedule and the participating nations. Its gonna take a week or so, sorry.
The team that is not playing a event will reff.

Tell you what, take a look what I have in mind and give me some feedback. But please spare me the "I dont want the nation cup story" as it isnt gonna help me a bit.

"This is just a idea that we need to look at. give some feed back please.
I find it hard to fit in 7 games for each nation without streching the scheduele to long. We also have a problem with 9 nations now want in and frankly I cant see why we should say no to Norway.
Here is my idea

Group 1 ( teams in no particular order )

USA
SWEDEN
GERMANY
ENGLAND
NORWAY

Group 2

RUSSIA
FRANCE
PORTUGAL
DENMARK
FINLAND or CANADA

Each nation play the other 4 in there group
A win give 3 point
a draw give 1 point
loss 0 point

Each nation reff 2 x-ball games in the same event

For the last leg we can either have the best 2 from each group play a semifinal ( winner group 1 vs 2nd group 2 )
Or a direct final with the 2 group winner.
This will also solve the problem with the russians legion that only going to attend 4 Millenium events."

Allright people constructive ideas please..

Magued