Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Portugal..

Magued

Jul 10, 2001
Visit site
Hi All

Just wanna say thanks to everybody that supported us during the weekend
I know that alot of issues need to be solved and I hope we can all do it together. And a players commitee is formed and USED!

Regarding the reffing. We need to do something about this!
And some nations need to get there **** together and learn how to reff and act!
I will do everything to strip some of the reffing teams in Portugal of there reffing points as I dont think they deserve them.

Soo many teams got screwed and cheated this weekend that it actuelly have taken away much of the joy with my teams performance. I mean what would have happend if for example Russian Legion didnt get Screwed in at least 2 games? Who would made the semis then etc etc
But we got our share of bad calls to on the other hand..

Anyway thanks to

WDP - Frazier, Stina and Oleg for helping us out all weekend
Shockwave - after they lost the game to us they lent us there stuff that we needed. Class act and real friends!
Scandinavia - All thoose teams that supported us all the way. This is what makes the Scandinavian teams so strong. Totall backup and friendship between the teams.
Piper - Always have supported us and being such a good looking dude!
Joy Kids - Didnt make it to the finals, but will soon, very soon.
Mahem Tigers - Noone can doubt you now!
Strange - Really nice guys and straight up ballers
Dynasty - Oouuchh, we played them 4 times! got ripped to pieces 4 times!

And to all others out there that we call friends..

Magued - Joy Division

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Pipoer what happened to the rest of the pie in your avatar.....?? Was it tasty??:D :p

Well done Joy, was rooting for you against Dynasty

Oh and Magued, great hollywood diving bunker move on the snake in that game!! If you decide to ever leave paintball im sure there's a job in hollywood as a stunt man going for you!:p

See you in Germany, Hope you can repeat your success there.

sam

Paintnerd

Mar 2, 2003
Shangra-La
Visit site
Refs

Originally posted by Nick Brockdorff

Marshalling is the MOST important thing at any event - as long as that is good, people feel they are treated fairly, and it should be the paramount focus area for the Series !

Nick
Good marshalling is the SECOND most important thing.

SAFETY is by far the single most important thing.

We've got to start requiring that all barrels be socked at all possible times and penalize players/teams for failure to comply. No more face shots in the players' tent!

Paintnerd

Mar 2, 2003
Shangra-La
Visit site
DAMN !

Originally posted by Nick Brockdorff
Sorry to hear that !

Damn irresponsible of the offending player !

Nick
(I don't mean to threadjack. Maybe could be moved to a new thread. )

Damn irresponsible of us players to not demand better safety AND reffing!

Penalties are the only thing that commands enough respect to change behaviour, both for safety infractions and incompetent, biased marshalling.

The pit areas of the NXL are an accident waiting to happen because barrel sock safety is grossly ignored because no penalties are applied. The result is dozens of barrels with 300fps paintballs loaded and ready to go at close range. Rumor has it that 3 people got shot in there during LA.

At the X-ball games in Lisbon they announced penalties and enforced them with one Russian beginning a game in the penalty box for an unsocked marker in the pit area. Other teams received a final warning. Team USA complied perfectly and England almost perfectly.

Players have got to be required to enter the fields with barrel socks on until marshalls signal them off.

Implementing this is not hard.

Ms Bossy

wotever :o)
Aug 26, 2002
There was another incident when we were just about to walk out of the players tent when some guy let rip to "dry fire" and shot a ball which just missed a team mates partner at head hight.

As for marshalling problems : we got beaten by a team fair and square, so we had thought, and came of the field when someone walked up to us and said that he witnessed two of the opposing team being wiped down:( the moral of the story is you can standardise reffing but how do you take out the biased aspect, now theres a job to chew on:)

Recoil

EBlade *fap*
Apr 26, 2002
Coventry
Visit site
Originally posted by Bud
the moral of the story is you can standardise reffing but how do you take out the biased aspect, now theres a job to chew on:)
you can... pro refs... you will never eliminate it completely but it will take it as low as it can go...

Thing is that takes money.

Also wasnt Huntingdon beach good for marshalling?

Paintnerd

Mar 2, 2003
Shangra-La
Visit site
Originally posted by Bud
There was another incident when we were just about to walk out of the players tent when some guy let rip to "dry fire" and shot a ball which just missed a team mates partner at head hight.

As for marshalling problems : we got beaten by a team fair and square, so we had thought, and came of the field when someone walked up to us and said that he witnessed two of the opposing team being wiped down:( the moral of the story is you can standardise reffing but how do you take out the biased aspect, now theres a job to chew on:)
The ultimate or a trained, experienced assistant can go out and supervise the marshalling on the various fields and even video tape.

One needs to be very, very sure--to be sure--very, very close to determine if a marshall is wiping non-hits off or wiping a legitimate hit. I always wonder what people might be thinking when they see me wipe off kneeled-on and bunker-smear paint.

If a team or individual marshall really has been clearly witnessed to be biased or incompetent then they, quite simply, have to be fired and stripped of points.

Paintnerd

Mar 2, 2003
Shangra-La
Visit site
Originally posted by Recoil
you can... pro refs... you will never eliminate it completely but it will take it as low as it can go...

Thing is that takes money.

Also wasnt Huntingdon beach good for marshalling?
The great marshalling at Huntington Beach was not the PRO marshalls in the first hand. It was Joy Division and some other Swedish tournament players. They could have been biased because they have their friends and favourites on both sides of the big pond. But they weren't. (Might change after Portugal.) They are good marshalls because they know the game, know the rules and choose not to be partial. Either that or they do a damned good job of hiding it when they help a friend or hurt an enemy.