Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Pro players in lower divisions

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
would u say this also goes for teams (div3) being bumped up to fill a spot in div2. talking uk masters now rather then millenium or anything. but as u said about spending all that money to be shot off the break.
Ehmmm - I don't think any teams should be "bumped up" - unless they have qualified to play the higher division.... but then again, at local events, you always have your perpetual sandbaggers, that would rather run all over everyone in the bottom division, than play against tougher opponents.

Nick

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
BTW: Just come to think of it - if you are the 2nd best team out there, it really doesn´t matter who the best teams is does it? You will STILL be kicked out of the tournament if you face them!

Meating Dynasty in the prelims would make no difference if you are in fact the 2nd best team out there (as you put it) - then you will win your other 7 matches and still be through...

If you meet them in any of the finals chances are that you are lower seeded than them going into "sunday club", so naturally you will be the underdog there no matter what!

Still - I fail to see the problem - this is how the ranking works both going into the tournament AND then again into sunday club?
We have to agree on what we are talking about here?

Are we talking about Dynasty showing up for ONE event only (without any chance of getting promotion to SPL 08), then I agreee completely that it is a problem. - That ONE spot lover in that events ranking, can easily cost a team promotion down the line.... and it SHOULDN't.

Actually, I think there ought to be rules saying, that you are only ranked - and can only affect ofther teams rank, if you play at least 3 events.... that way, if Dynasty only plays Maxs, the team placing 2nd (if we believe they will win - you never know), will get first place in the ranking towards promotion.

If we are talking about Dynasty entering the division to gain promotion for SPL 08, then I see no problems whatsoever - all the teams in the division are fighting for the 6 spots to the SPL, and Dynasty deserves a shot juswt as much as anyone else.

Nick

Kevin

MK Storm
Apr 12, 2002
Leeds
www.stormpaintballteam.co.uk
We have to agree on what we are talking about here?

Are we talking about Dynasty showing up for ONE event only (without any chance of getting promotion to SPL 08), then I agreee completely that it is a problem. - That ONE spot lover in that events ranking, can easily cost a team promotion down the line.... and it SHOULDN't.

Actually, I think there ought to be rules saying, that you are only ranked - and can only affect ofther teams rank, if you play at least 3 events.... that way, if Dynasty only plays Maxs, the team placing 2nd (if we believe they will win - you never know), will get first place in the ranking towards promotion.

If we are talking about Dynasty entering the division to gain promotion for SPL 08, then I see no problems whatsoever - all the teams in the division are fighting for the 6 spots to the SPL, and Dynasty deserves a shot juswt as much as anyone else.

Nick
the 2nd place team getting 1st place points isnt going to have that much of an affect, its the teams that have to play them in the 1/4 finals it affects most.

and just cos you are the best team there (say B4 in toulouse) doesnt mean you dont drop a game, of you had a slip dropped a few points and had dynasty then you could be in trouble !!
the best team doesnt always go through top seed into the finals.

I wouldnt mind if they played all the events, then all the teams are sort of in the same boat having to get enough points, but they probably wont making the germany result a anomylous result in terms of the series,

(p.s. sorry twizz we are putting the same point across)

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
the 2nd place team getting 1st place points isnt going to have that much of an affect, its the teams that have to play them in the 1/4 finals it affects most.
But what is the alternative?

Locking all division in the MS perpetually, so that no new teams can ever again join the league?

If Dynasty, or Rage, or the Hurricanes or some other big US team decides they want to start competing in the MS - how do you propose we do it - if not in the way it is done now?

The only alternative would be to lock them straight into the CPL... but that creates the problem that you then have to kick a team down to SPL, and a team from there to M7.... because running X-Ball requires the right number of teams, if we don't want numerous byes at each event.

How do you think sentiment would be for teams being kicked out of their divisions mid season would be - because 1 or more teams wanted to enter the league?

If we want a sport with promotion and relegation in the divisions, there really is no other way than what is done currently.

Nick

Kevin

MK Storm
Apr 12, 2002
Leeds
www.stormpaintballteam.co.uk
But what is the alternative?

Locking all division in the MS perpetually, so that no new teams can ever again join the league?

If Dynasty, or Rage, or the Hurricanes or some other big US team decides they want to start competing in the MS - how do you propose we do it - if not in the way it is done now?

The only alternative would be to lock them straight into the CPL... but that creates the problem that you then have to kick a team down to SPL, and a team from there to M7.... because running X-Ball requires the right number of teams, if we don't want numerous byes at each event.

How do you think sentiment would be for teams being kicked out of their divisions mid season would be - because 1 or more teams wanted to enter the league?

If we want a sport with promotion and relegation in the divisions, there really is no other way than what is done currently.

Nick
I agree with you, I have been thinking and I cant think of any way of stopping it, just sucks that it could screw a few teams up.
Ideally all the teams in the world would be in 1 league then it would all sort it self out after a couple of seasons.

Is div 1 going to be locked after this year?
how far down can they realistically lock? making sure the teams in there wont drop out through lack of commitment or lack of funds ?

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
Is div 1 going to be locked after this year?
how far down can they realistically lock? making sure the teams in there wont drop out through lack of commitment or lack of funds ?
I haven't heard anything to that effect.... but it may just be that the teams in Div 1 wants a crack at X-ball also next season - and that will require a locked division - so time will tell.

Nick