Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Pro players ????????

rst steve

I built your Ego, Geo
O.k me and Pebble were having a chat on Friday about whether pro players should charge people in the sport for there used playing tops. My views are that the players get them for nothing so should pass them on to fans for free. Pebbles views were that there is nothing wrong with the pro players charging people for there tops. What do you think? I understand that these guys need to make a living but come on a loyal fan would surely cherish there heroes playing top and respect the player if he said "there you go you can have that one for free" rather than "you can have it for $120". Discuss....:)

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
na make some cash out of it. when said fan then sells it on think he will give it away for free ? me thinks not.

maybe only exception is some really young kid

Ninja

Shooting for The Clan 09
Feb 27, 2007
that place near you
i agree with lump, we all know your never gonna make a million outta paintball so pro's have to make a little money on the side!

Think there is always some exceptions though

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
what i hate seeing is when you get the LTD ed team guns, like the Rage droid up for sale. The teams haven't paid for them, yet take all the profit selling them on, even before they have been used.

EDIT: im all for pro's selling their ****, but after it have been used for a season, not brand spanker's, direct from the manufacturer

-James

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
what i hate seeing is when you get the LTD ed team guns, like the Rage droid up for sale. The teams haven't paid for them, yet take all the profit selling them on, even before they have been used.

-James
but thats how it works, macdev give rage droids to shoot there gun. team then sell them to pay for events ;)

Niall W

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2007
Cambridgeshire / Swansea
hmmm, way i see it is ... Say at the end of an event a kid comes up to a pro and asks for his jersey, yeah give it for free don't ask for his pocket money :p

But I think it's ok for them to maybe put it up for sale or an auction on a forum to make some money on the side. Or maybe put it up for a charity auction if they know it'll make a lot:)

Ninja

Shooting for The Clan 09
Feb 27, 2007
that place near you
Oi leave my gun out of this:p

To be honest i've got no problems with it as teams need to fund there training and travelling otherwise you would find a demise in Pro teams as sponsorship has been cut

rst steve

I built your Ego, Geo
hmmm, way i see it is ... Say at the end of an event a kid comes up to a pro and asks for his jersey, yeah give it for free don't ask for his pocket money :p

But I think it's ok for them to maybe put it up for sale or an auction on a forum to make some money on the side. Or maybe put it up for a charity auction if they know it'll make a lot:)
Thats kind of my thoughts why not give a little back to the sport or give the proceeds to a charity cannot do the sport any harm.