Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Problematic Experience.

Ahdinko

Team Apocalypse.
Jun 12, 2006
Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Hello guys,

I've had my Mini for about and year and a half now, I purchased it brand new from a retailer in early 2007. It developed a fault (leak down the bolt) in September time of 2007, and I gave it back to my retailer for repair as it was still in warranty.

The gun has come back to me as "fixed" many times now, has gone back to KEE 2 or 3 times, gone to my retailer for repair about 5/6 times, and every single time my gun has came back, worked for a few hundred shots, and started leaking down the bolt again. Or I have just screwed the air in, and it starts leaking straight away.

I've owned this gun for a year and a half, and played about 4 games with it because its has been broken more than it has working. I'm feeling quite let down by the support for this gun. No matter how many times I send it off for repair, it comes back with the exact same fault I reported a year ago.

Who can I talk to get this finally sorted/replaced/refunded or whatever?

If anyone wants to talk me on phone to get more details, exact dates, etc etc. Then PM me for my number.

Thanks,
Steve.

Edit: Well, an update for anyone that has seen this thread. Got a quick response from KEE who have asked the designer of the Mini to take a look at mine. I'll be posting it off to them tomorrow, so I'll let you know how it goes. They seem keen to get it resolved which is good :)

Edit2: Posted off on the 3rd Oct.

Edit3: 21st Oct. Seems to have gone the other way now. Having still not heard anything from them, I emailed a week ago just to see if they received it, and if there is any progress. Didn't hear anything back at all so left a Voicemail yesterday with the person who contacted me initially. I have no idea if they even have my Mini, whats going on, etc.

Edit4: Called through to the main number and managed to get some info on it. Its with the repair guy and will know by tomorrow if its sorted or not.

ShimmerShot

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2008
Midlands
i'v had this problem with mine before, this is what i'd done to correct it

1) switch the mini on with eyes off
2) Screw in the air all the way so that the minis basically dumping air out through the bolt (the air coming out of the mini bolt will be loud, and very... breezy, go outside to do this else you may end up with a room full of loose odds and ends from the air coming out of your mini)
3) fire the trigger

This cured the problem i had with my mini, only lost 1k worth of air in about 5 seconds :p

Best of luck fixing your mini :)

Ahdinko

Team Apocalypse.
Jun 12, 2006
Stevenage, Hertfordshire
i'v had this problem with mine before, this is what i'd done to correct it

1) switch the mini on with eyes off
2) Screw in the air all the way so that the minis basically dumping air out through the bolt (the air coming out of the mini bolt will be loud, and very... breezy, go outside to do this else you may end up with a room full of loose odds and ends from the air coming out of your mini)
3) fire the trigger

This cured the problem i had with my mini, only lost 1k worth of air in about 5 seconds :p

Best of luck fixing your mini :)
I've fired it while leaking and it cycles, but continues to leak.
Thanks for the advice though :D

Bolter has pointed me in the right direction and hopefully this should be resolved soon :)

Ahdinko

Team Apocalypse.
Jun 12, 2006
Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Well, just to add my latest info:

I didn't get the call back on friday that I was promised in edit 4.
I've been away on holidays for a week, just got back and checked for emails/voicemails, but none. No gun on my doorstep.

Not a thing.

Left a voicemail earlier today after being told that the guy would be back in around 10 mins and would be able to call me back and update me, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

KEE initially seemed interested in having my problem solved, but now I've got a feeling that this is a lost cause. I have to do all the chasing, and getting no information or progress. I get promised call backs and dates for repairs, none of which are met. And here I am still, a year after my gun broke, with nothing.

Ahdinko

Team Apocalypse.
Jun 12, 2006
Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Well It came Friday.. in the same state I sent it off in. Leaking.

Thats another tenner it cost me to post off, and another month passed where it still hasn't been sorted. I'm really beginning to lose my patience with KEE now.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Ive blatantly stolen this from the nation as its easier than typing it all out. Hope this helps.

pbnation said:
If your mini is leaking down the barrel

First off, you should make sure that you have the most up to date poppit.
(What is my Mini, V1 or V2 thread) If you have a poppit that is out of date, contact kee for a replacement. Kee’s phone number is 1-800-220-3222.

If you have the latest poppit, step one should be to reset your poppit. You can do this by screwing the back cap all the way in tightly to make sure that the poppit face is properly sealing. If this stops the leak, but the leak returns once you unscrew the back cap to your proper velocity you should check your poppit face for damage. There should be no lube on the poppit face, or in the hole in the side of the poppit. Only a slight amount of lube should be on the oring. If you have a replacement poppit face, try replacing it. If not contact kee for a new poppit. Kee’s phone number is 1-800-220-3222.

If your poppit is not the issue, check all of the orings on the bolt guide, poppit, and bolt for visual damage. Replace any damaged orings. Lightly lube all of the orings and reassemble your mini. (how to properly lube your mini) (how to properly assemble your mini)

If the problem persists, reset your solenoid by following the steps bellow.

Take the top three phillips head screws out off Solenoid Cap. (Make sure to press down hard to avoid stripping screws. If the screw get stripped you will have to buy a new Solenoid.) Next pull the piston out which is held in by a magnetic force and check the seals on both the bottom and top of the piston. They should be flush with the rest of the piston if not grab a small allen key and push the seal in and pull the allen key out until it goes back to flush position. – (originally posted by cjs9485)

While you have your solenoid apart you might want to clean it and re lube it before putting it back together. (how to properly service your solenoid)