Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Proto Rail 2011

JSpeakers

May 29, 2011
Coventry
then maybe a couple of reasons why in there opinion why its a good marker i just need information because im stuck on what to get?

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
their opinion wont really matter tbh, its their gat that they've designed and made...
its good cos its cheap - compared to other gats
and what do you mean by bad? bad reliability? bad as in shoots crap? bad as in ugly? bad ergonomics?

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
but no, its not bad...
its just as good as any other gat in the same price range. it'll look after you if you look after it.

hello_moto

Feb 7, 2010
Birmingham
shot one at the DYE Tech stand at NvS this year.

Simply put, the ergonomics of the Rail are what one would normally expect from a DYE marker - outstanding! However, the same cannot be said for performance (in terms how it is shoots). Shot placement was all over the place (perhaps partially due to the 11" 1-piece barrel) and you could certainly feel a noticeable kick.

I would go so far as to say that if i were offered a choice between upgrading to a Rail or sticking with my SLG UL, i'd take my SLG UL.

Having said that, i have heard nothing but good things about the Rail so it must be good in some respect.

mwes1987

MATTANK
Jan 13, 2011
Birmingham
as a rail owner and ive put mine through its paces for the money i spent on it id say it was well worth it, easy to maintain, ive had no issues with mine to date, the 11 inch barrel is something to replace asap in my opinion, but for the clamping feed neck the plastic 1 is fine does the job :) the braided hose and asa do their job too altho i am in the middle of swapping mine for a dye on/off and macro line. the modes on the gun are simply to set and the battery life on the gun isnt bad, your limited to 15 bps rof but thats not the end of the world its also not that bad on air but saying that i havent shot/used a poppet marker yet so :p. all in all id say the marker is great for the price and i wont have brought anything else :)

Eurotech@DYE

Apr 19, 2011
Hello mwes1987,

The Proto Rail 2011 has been very popular this year and is a great entry level gun. There are some great features on the Rail such as the self-cleaning EYE pipe, Ultralite frame and clamping feedneck. It also comes with all the fire modes you would need to play any tournament series.

The Proto Reflex is essentially the Rail's bigger brother, with additional features like the matching two peice 14'' barrel as standard, a Proto on/off airport, aluminium clamping feed neck and Ultralite frame. Again, its fully programmable for all fire modes. The main functional difference is that the Reflex solenoid allows the Reflex to achieve higher Rates of Fire than the Rail, and gives a slight increase in efficiency too.

Depending on what you play - woodsball, walk ons or sup'air - both these markers are well suited for all occasions.

If you want any more information or if you have any questions please feel free to post here or PM me.

Thanks!

mwes1987

MATTANK
Jan 13, 2011
Birmingham
thanks for the info

thanks for the info dye tech in my other post i wanted to know if the refles bolt had a different design but now i know its just the soleinoid :)

Oct 22, 2011
Hey uhh.... weird question - is this gun waterproof?

Long story short - Silent bobs paintball sent it to the wrong address and then the delivery guy left the box outside in a serious downpour....