Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

proto rail or save for ego/geo

gazzafoz

Gaz
Jul 3, 2013
Luton
Im new to the speedball side of balling, just wondering is it worth getting something like a rail to begin with, or should I hold out and save for longer for something on an ego/geos level?

Player01

Feb 21, 2012
I would say hold out for the better marker mate, as you will find after using the rail it is a perfectly good marker at beginner level but after using it a few times you will most probably look to get a better marker. However it does all depend on your budget.

May i ask if you have any other markers?

Player01

Feb 21, 2012
Ok, it depends how badly you would like to play speedball but still i would say to save the money. Are there any other markers out there that you like?

PBWill

Mar 18, 2013
England
depends on how long you plan on waiting before you get into speedball. if your going to be playing woodsball for the next few months, if your in no rush, save up your hard earned and go for the ego/geo.

If however, your wanting to get into it immediantly get the rail, although id seriously suggest waiting and saving up.

Will

andreasa83

Oct 12, 2011
your first gun could easily be in the 200-300£ area i think. Used ofcourse, the second hand market in paintball is so good and for that amount of money you could get yourself a friend that will last you for a long time.

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Also look at secondhand cheap markers which you can get now and sell on for the same money later. There's an Etek1 on the forums ATM for under £100. They're stunning little markers - 10bps capable, nice shooters and light enough for anyone. I happen to be shooting one myself at the moment and love it to bits - I even prefer it to some more modern markers.
Buy something like that, and you may find it suits you and stick with it - otherwise, you can keep playing and save up for something else.

gazzafoz

Gaz
Jul 3, 2013
Luton
Deffo thinking that way. I see alot of minis going between the £1-200 mark. Had a guy tempting me with a fully kitted out mini looking for around 220