The Home Of European Paintball

Rammer Cap

Martin 123

Maidenhead Trauma
Jun 18, 2006
Guildford
www.maidenheadtrauma.co.uk
hello,
well i went to unscrew my rammer cap on my 05 ego today, and for some reason it was sooo tight and it rounded the hole for the hex screw.
so i tried cutting a slit in the cap and using a big screwdriver to unscrew it, but it didnt budge.:eek:
i tried heating the aluminium round the egde up to expand it, but still didnt budge:(

is the only other option to drill it out?

i played with it about 4 weeks ago, and before i played i uncrewed it fine and lubed rammer up, then when got home put it away with other kit and then after about 3 weeks got it out ready for tourney, and i went to move the bolt back and forward as you do, and it was stiff, like before i could sort of shake the gun and the bolt would move, but now it doesnt, so i thaught, it just needs lubing, that when i buggered up the cap trying to unscrew it:mad:

any more ideas please??

Martin.

Panthro

LEGO 4 Life
Dec 30, 2005
Bristol
De-Gas it first, Sounds like there is still a bit air charged in the rammer itself, thats why the bolts stiff, its trying to hold the bolt back and why the rammer cap is tight.

Just my thought

darren maskell

The Ghandi Man
Jul 17, 2003
lincolnshire
www.p8ntballer-forums.com
Yes sounds like theres still air in the gat and i used a bigger allen key to remove the nackard rammer cap. One of my guys nackard his rammer cap and when i re built his i put some lube on the rammer cap o ring didn't get stuck again.Hope that helps Ghandi:D

Stu D ECI

Platinum Member
Sep 24, 2006
ive hurd this happens sometimes so what you have to do is use the same allen key as usual but use some araldite for example and glue it in the rammer cap. when it has set just remove and replace with the karma on from sloth and this will never happen again. ok you loos the key aswell but atlest you dont have to take a drill to you gat! :D :D hope this helps

Martin 123

Maidenhead Trauma
Jun 18, 2006
Guildford
www.maidenheadtrauma.co.uk
yer i just took the macro hose out and there is no pressure and the bolt still doesnt move smoothly.

i will give the glueing the allen key in a go and see where i get with that, then ill buy a steel rammer cap(that was my plan anyway)

thanks for your help

Martin.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Go for the araldite option mate if your determined to do it yourself ..dont attempt to drill it out ,I've done this with a few things before (usually body screws)and it can be a 50/50 gamble that you dont **** up your marker you've got to be extra carefull ,I dont mean to be patronizing but seriously ...send it to Planet.

maybe try a torx, thats worked for me a couple of times ..