Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Recognition as a 'sport'

Dougal

Jun 3, 2003
Visit site
Can anyone provide an update on where 'we' are in terms of having Paintball officially recognised as a sport by the relevant authorities.

I contacted the Sports Council here in Northern Ireland and was told that a bid for recognition in UK was rejected several years ago, but that '2' applications had now been received.
Unfortunately the fact that 2 applications have been received complicates the matter, since recognition generally requiores a single, unified governing body - and separate applications from 2 bodies is not to be welcomed.

can anyone shed some light on this matter?

Cheers

Dougal

T

TendringLOEB

There are many UK bodies that claim to represent UK Ball, and until unification, I cant see anything happening, there are so many threads on this already, and a few members on these boards are highly versed on all of the arguments for and against this discussion. Im sure they will reply soon enough.

Paul

Dougal

Jun 3, 2003
Visit site
I'm not sure if we're on the same page here guys. My question is specifically, where are we in our bid for formal recognition as a sport.

The other debate, whilst it reflects a 'split' within UK paintball and its various interests and bodies, does not answer my question.

Dougal

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
OK it wasn't a "specific" answer, but it highlights the exact problem that you are asking about, if two different organisations are apply to the sports council then who's gonna win and be "our" representitive?

So therefore the answer to your "specific" question is.........NOWHERE !:( ;)

cookie_834

P8ntball killed me....
Oct 28, 2004
in a house with a window
Visit site
pa forum is ure best bet buddy. they are working with "legal people" or some jazz like that, to complete and comply with the nessecary requirements to become an official recognised sport within the UK.

ta-da...or if ure really intrested contact "Russell Smith" on these here forums

Iron Lions - Ed

Oct 16, 2003
London
www.ironlions.co.uk
The PA is one of the bids in partnership with the UKPSF following a number of years operating under sport council guidelines.

The oher is Delta Force. You may remember they set up a body purporting to have a similar role to the ULPSF 1-2 years ago and they are trying to use this as a vehicle for their bid.