The Home Of European Paintball

Red Heat persecution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Nickyboy
I personally think the idiot is the person who actually makes those judgements from a few lines of txt, as it shows exactly how narrow minded someone people are.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, dont you think that a lot of people have made judgements of people, without knowing them and without having actually witnessed the event? -Speculation and hype.

A lot of people have made a judgement about Lee. He has not defended himself and you have only seen half of the story.

I will only say this once, and I will probably be the only one that says it, but what Lee did was based on a mistake. He thought he had read something that he hadnt. Lee acted on something that he thought he had read, and hadnt. This does not justify what you think that he did (what did he actually do, say? do you even know? were you there?).
Lee thought that he had seen a post "Why dont Red Heat go and just f*cking die?". Lee thought that Ollie had posted this. We have gone over the forums several times and done searches so we can only conclude that this was a mistake.

I dont care if you think I am lying, I am saying this for my benefit not for anyone elses: I know that I am right, and whether you believe me or not I have said it and stood up for him. what has happened is wrong, he has been kangaroo courted without any evidence and the words and prejudice of a lot of people who werent even there and often dont know either of the guys involved. He has lost his good reputation.

I was the closest one to Lee I heard and saw everything. I was literally less than a metre away the entire time.

1: Lee goes up to Ollie, on the road after the Big Game, people are all around us packing their stuff into their cars. there is a small group of people ahead.
2: Lee says "Lee from Red Heat". He tells Ollie "Why did you slag the team off on a public forum, Ollie, my number and email address is available if you wanted to say something couldnt you have said it to my face? You dont post something like that on a public forum you dont joke about people dying!"
3:Lee is at least a foot away the entire time, and at no time shouts in Ollies face, as was claimed.
4: Ollie laughs, makes a joke and walks away. Lee doesnt stop Ollie from walking away
5: Lee shouts "w*nker" after Ollie
6: where did the supposed threats come in??
&: why would Lee have threatened him? what could he possibly have gained from that??

I dont care whether you believe me or not, but I was there, I was right behind Lee. I didnt hear a threat, or anything that might be even mistaken as a threat. Nothing violent, no threats or promises of violence.
What Lee shouted after Ollie was rude, but as there were no threats involved then what was actually a normal (annoyed, yes) conversation seems to have grown into a massive argument where Ollie was supposedly intimidated and was shouted into his face, and was in danger of being beaten up.
B.S

Also, a lot of you dont seem to realize that if this conversation happened between two completely able bodied guys (not being nasty, you know what I mean) then nothing more would be made of this. Ollie is well able to stand up for himself and I dont think that he wants our sympathy or 'special considerations' because he is a bit diabled. Lets treat him like the normal guy he is, in which case dont think of the issue any differently than if youd seen two guys talking heatedly in the street.

I will stand by what I know i heard (and what I know that I didnt hear) to the end.

END OF

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
If there were any threats of violence or actual violence involved then I would not stand by him because that sort of behaviour is not needed or wanted in the sport, but as I know catagorically nothing threatening was said then I stand by him confidently.
If I wasnt absolutely 100% certain then I wouldn't risk my reputation on defending him.

Im not going to post again, Im actually bored to death of the issue

Form your own opinions. I think this issue has been done to death and its time to just let it die down: we need to get on with our lives

(sooorry ant ;) )

Cro

Permanently semi
Jan 2, 2003
Naaaarich
www.walkonzone.com
Fair play to those of you who are standing by Lee who were actually there, he has obviously done a lot for you and I take my hat off to him. Did something happen between him and Ollie? Yes I believe so. Does anyone else apart from those two people and the members of Red Heat care any more? No, I doubt it very much. Does it need sorting out by those people involved in a mature and sensible fashion? Yes of course it does. Does any more of this need to be put through public forums? No, ffs sort it out amongst yourselves and lets see no more of it on the forums, I'm bored of it and I would bet so are just about everyone else. Life goes on, whats done is done, move on. By the way, this isn't just directed at the Red Heat players but at everyone, lets just leave it now, have group hugs and sing nice songs too if that helps, just stop digging over the same old ****e.

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Strange, how quick people are to judge. I wonder if the Lee/Olly thing actually got physical? Were there any punches thrown (landed or otherwise)? Did a 'kick' get in?

If Lee has been victimised on here for merely threatening to get physical - then we all need to be victimised. In fact, I was threatend with physical violence by a paintball ultimate referee a couple of weeks back - at my local walk-on! This was in front of numerous people - one of which is a PA marshall. Did I come on here ranting and raving about it - no - I just walked away from it - and I think Red Heat NEED to do the same.

We all upset somebody, sometime (I seem to do it most times ;)). It's how we respond to the threats that make us what we are.

If the was NO physical sillyness involved at the now infamous Lee/Olly incident - then why victimise the poor lad? OK - so he may have 'temper' issues. I know a lot of 'ballers that have the same problem - but they don't get half the forum bashing Lee has had.

Good luck to Red Heat (and all it's squad). Keep playing paintball. Ignore 'trash talk' on an internet forum. Hopefully, are paths will cross on the field.

Iain

DCF - the beginning!!!
May 13, 2002
classified
Visit site
Andy. I don't think the problem is what he did it's the fact that it isn't the first time and it won't be the last. We have all been on the wrong side of a temper whether our own or from someone else. A lot of this is down to the fact that he waited after reading a post on the forum and that it wasn't a spur of the moment thing.
everyone has lost there head at one time but it is usually a case of what happened on field at that time. now rosie is saying that he read the post wrong :rolleyes: and he never used threats although two other witnesses have already admitted they saw it.

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
No one is victimising anyone........ it boils down to someone being threatened in person and delivering a beautiful smackdown without resorting to any sort of unpleasantness.......... Ollies post was superb, sheer genius. It's everyone else that's making a big deal out of it. If posters stop "supporting" red heat, then this thread will die quietly in it's sleep as the few who were sticking their oars in have now left the building bored....... honestly, all the "sticking up for Lee" posts are doing is prolonging this. Someone else will do something stupid this weekend and it'll all be forgotten about.
Honestly, has no one spotted that every time you post "can't we just leave this alone" it bumps it back to the top :)

Don't reply, it'll be on page two by tea time and gone by tonight.

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Originally posted by Iain
...A lot of this is down to the fact that he waited after reading a post on the forum and that it wasn't a spur of the moment thing...
Funnily enough, my 'threat' came from the same reasoning. Maybe I should make myself a bit clearer (I don't that too often either ;)).

I was actually asking people to stop 'having a go' at someone based on conjecture and hearsay (that it what most people seem to have done in the 'other' thread).

Obviously, I wasn't at this particular happening. But from eye-witness accounts it was just a heated slagging match. Nothing more.

Anyway, as Iain has rightly said - the more that gets posted about this - the longer it gets noticed. So - that's no-more from me on the subject ;)

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
*AHEM*

Apparently none of you are capable of following simple directions. This thread was left open in order to re-dress some of the "persecution" of Red Heat should any posters wish to do so. I'm reasonably sure I requested that no posts be made rehashing old arguments or beginning fresh ones and yet...here's two more pages of precisely that.

Thread Closed.

ps--for those wishing to discuss karma, netiquette and the boundaries of morality start a new thread but the first mention of Red Heat will buy you a vacation from P8ntballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.