Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

royal mail and shipping

F3Z

Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
When asked what's in the package I tell them it's some electro-pneumatics parts, they usually say oh ok then that's fine. As always with paintball and the general public, don't say gun and you are all good.

Reactions: Care_Bears

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
@F3Z
@Marc0
@Spookls

Vague descriptions when the item is prohibited takes the risk of it getting there or not. A false description and it may turn up
Or it may get checked - false and vague descriptions are part of the blame for why decompressed cylinders are now the prohibited

There is nothing wrong with a paintball gun correctly declared and posted

Paintball guns can be sent, but the method always needs the prohibited and restricted items checked and for the declaration not to have lies or misinformation on it

Marker is often used to avoid saying the word gun. There is nothing wrong with the word gun in the UK.
Believe it or not real bullet shooting guns are legal in the UK. Talk about sporting goods and markers to someone when checking what is allowed under a method of postage can get you the wrong answer

See also the other info in the reply to your post on cylinders

Spookls

pain is temporary pride is forever
Oct 21, 2013
Leicester
I have only sent a few markers never cylinders and have always said it is paintball equipment with no problems but it may be a good idea to tell them it is a marker if i do would they still destroy it or would it be returned

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I have only sent a few markers never cylinders and have always said it is paintball equipment with no problems but it may be a good idea to tell them it is a marker if i do would they still destroy it or would it be returned
Markers / guns can be posted.
When posting check the carriers restrictions and prohibited goods lists, making sure to check for that method.
If not listed then its OK, if they list something similar, such as air guns then paintball guns / markers would also not be allowed via that method.
You could and I believe you still can use Royal Mail Special Delivery
Send a prohibited or restricted item and it can be destroyed (and they have been) the sender is also liable for a fine.

@tommikka
MARKER not gun!
Marker is used as a PC term to avoid use of the word gun.
Especially in the US, out there people do strongly swing one way or the other about anything gun related.
In the UK it has been used deliberately at times such as the Michael Ryan shooting, but we do not have a bad gun reputation for paintball. In general the popularity of paintball is to go into the woods on a party or stag do to shoot your mates with guns.
It has also been used to distance tournament paintball from the woods.
The origin of the term marker goes back to the original use of paintball markers to shoot marking paint at trees and livestock to mark them.
We are not marking items, nor are we using marking paint.

There can be pitfalls that are created when avoiding the gun word and saying marker, e.g. a false or unclear delcaration that results in an item being sent by the wrong method and getting destroyed, or having security / police finding a gun when you only told them about a marker because they had no idea what you were on about.

You can say marker thats fine, I say gun. I will use my language as I deem appropriate, and where some would say marker to avoid the word gun I will say paintball gun.
In the eyes of the law it is a gun, a legal gun.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
I just quote the contents as paintball equipment or parts in the case of spares

That's not a false or unclear declaration - it's 100% accurate, and I avoid any reference to guns

The only hassle I've had was shipping a marker stateside. It's was stopped at a RM sorting office in Ireland and returned. Probably because it had a built in rechargeable battery in it. I won't ship to the USA any more because of this. Royal Mail said they could have destroyed the parcel without compensation. That would have been a total loss of a rare 2005 Racegun, which the overseas buyer had already paid me for