Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Sale and wanted thread 20 post count idea?

Pandamonium

Oct 10, 2012
I have had a think and whilst I totally agree that some kind of precaution needs to be in place to help stop people getting ripped off I can see some problems for a newbie trying to reach the 20 post limit as I think that there's only so much a person can post without it seeming like spam.

My idea has come about from me getting my house mate (spiderwhore) into playing. After I used my account to find her the best deals on gear etc she want to start looking for stuff her self and as she has lived with me for a year she has a semi decent knowledge on paintball and anything she doesn't know she asks me or my mates. So she doesn't need to post typical nube questions.

My idea is basically members who know a new member outside of the forum could vouch them in as safe so they could get right to buying or selling. (Like a character reference or how you would replace a lost passport) Saving a lot of time on pretty menial or bullpoop posts. This also comes from how most people get into playing which is from a mate who plays.

If this was to be implemented my house mate could leave me alone when it comes to her frivolous spending on "pretty gear"

You could ask a person to provide more than one vouch to help fail safe the system. Again in the case of my friend she could easily have 5 people vouch for her so she doesn't have to go crazy on rubbish /spamesc posts.

If this is obviously flawed in some way then I am happy to hae another think about it.

Luke

Garideon

Sep 24, 2011
Ukscenario has this rule and does seem pretty good. Haven't seen many problems with sellers over there. But I do like this idea because it weeds out the genuine people who want to stay and play the game. The idiots get sick of the mods and leave.

Pandamonium

Oct 10, 2012
A month of watching bargains get away from me would actually drive me up the wall. Never mind a nube who just got a ton of hard earned birthday/batmitzva/rob an old granny money who wants to spend it on gear.

Another example where I think my idea would work is a mate of mine who doesn't have an account but has been playing for years, knows pretty much everyone in his area that plays etc. say one day he wants to flog all his kit to pay to fix his car. His mates already on line could vouch him in.

I am really adverse to waiting. I hate cues and waiting for post lol

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
A month of watching bargains get away from me would actually drive me up the wall. Never mind a nube who just got a ton of hard earned birthday/batmitzva/rob an old granny money who wants to spend it on gear.

Another example where I think my idea would work is a mate of mine who doesn't have an account but has been playing for years, knows pretty much everyone in his area that plays etc. say one day he wants to flog all his kit to pay to fix his car. His mates already on line could vouch him in.

I am really adverse to waiting. I hate cues and waiting for post lol

Until he disappears with the money and all of a sudden his mate who vouched for him is left in the sh*t.

Reactions: Garideon

jfp

May 13, 2011
Oxford
Until he disappears with the money and all of a sudden his mate who vouched for him is left in the sh*t.
Wouldn't that be the responsibility of those that vouched for them though? It does seem like a reasonable ideas although what requirements would a voucher have to meet? And I guess if they were that desperate and new people on the forum why not give them the money to buy it? Swings and roundabouts really...

admin

Administrator
Jul 2, 2001
Also consider UKS is considerably smaller than P8nt, so the vouch system works for them, for us it would be too much work without some sort of automated system in place

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
If you're pepared to vouch then you trust the person enough to do the deal using your account, with all the associated risk falling firmly on your shoulders (obviously doing all the typing yourself and not sharing your password etc). They can build up 20 useful posts in the mean time (although thinking back I doubt I've ever made 20 "useful" posts, I've never posted Spam but I've posted a lot of nonsense in my time).

Jul 1, 2013
Crewe
It is fairly frustrating having to get up to 20 posts without blindly posting in sections to get to the post amount, there has been some stuff on the sale section which I've wanted to purchase but not been able to, but I feel the incentive they have gives people at least some sale security. I'm nearing the 20 mark so YAY