Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

seX-ball US

R

raehl

Might be good for everyone, might suck for everyone - but I'd hardly say PRIZES is the basis of what's good for the players. Until now, no player has been able to make a living playing paintball and doing nothing else, and that may change. I can't say I see what's bad for the players about that.

- Chris

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Originally posted by raehl
Might be good for everyone, might suck for everyone - but I'd hardly say PRIZES is the basis of what's good for the players. Until now, no player has been able to make a living playing paintball and doing nothing else, and that may change. I can't say I see what's bad for the players about that.

- Chris
And pigs may fly. Chris, you have an interesting tendency to assume things will occur consistent with your predispositions. What may happen is speculation, nothing more. Seems to me Bob offers legit cautions based on what has happened or not happened in the past. Real ideas and solid goals for just how this benefits players are pretty hard to come by.
How hard would it be for someone to step up and say, look, we're all taking risks in this venture. . .

R

raehl

You did read the part where I said "that *MAY* change", right?

I'm not saying it's a given, just saying that those involved think it's worth a shot. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't, but it's not the people who wait until an outcome is certain who profit from it - they've already been beaten to the punch by the people who took a risk and went for it when it was a possibility.

- Chris

Rich S

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2002
Jersey
making a living

Originally posted by raehl

- Chris
the players are not making a living from xball. the money given to a team for a season is nothing.

say a team has 15 members inc pit crew and coach and they play 6 xball events and are paid $20000 each person gets about $222 per tourney. now each leg is every month so can you see a person living of about $50 a week?