Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Shipping abroad

Bullseye

Non-linear
Feb 25, 2011
Derby
I know this has been covered before, but with the new rules I have to hear about every time I step foot in the post office I'm wondering if there has been any changes?

The staff at the po seem unsure and don't want to commit to a yes answer, so I'm just making sure there is nothing out of the ordinary I need to do to send a marker to the states....

Any help greatly received :)

tricky m

Feb 17, 2010
leeds
No don't need a license.

Only thing extra you have to do is fill in the customs form with postal address, your address, value of package and contents. They don't like the word gun. So either put marker or paintball equipment. I also gift the package. So import tax doesn't have to be paid by the buyer. I wouldn't go by parcel force online quote for cost. They quoted me £34 to post something going by weight and size. It ended up being £74 at post office.

Bullseye

Non-linear
Feb 25, 2011
Derby
Ok good stuff.... Just with the rule changes on what can be sent I'd thought I'd best check... Asked in the post office staff seemed cautious so told me to ring Royal Mail, who advised me to ring customs and excise, who said they want a classification number, which I got, they then said it may need a bis license, so I ring them who told me to go onto spires website and ask....

Po charge was pretty reasonable tbh, at about £28 insured signed for so can't grumble :)

Anyhow before I go through the palaver of registering, filling in a form and waiting for a response I'd thought I'd check on here......

So I just want to check, have you sent anything this month? Before the rule changes?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
There were proposals put up around last August / September with regard to firearms.
Royal Mail are not licenced for carrying Section 5 firearms, and its illegal for them to do so.
The consultation document extended Royal Mails definition of firearms for their prohibited list.
Potentialy excluding airguns/airweapons. (Which would include paintball guns)

http://www.ukscenario.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=32919

If you fancy reading it the consultation responses are here:

http://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/files/FirearmsResponses17092012.pdf

This has not been put into place yet

http://www.basc.org.uk/en/media/key_issues.cfm/cid/B9334D75-2CDD-482E-AB487E7EF4E1528F

For shipping abroad you need a carrier who can take it in the first place and to comply with appropriate regulations, so would need to check the carriers policy and customs export requirements, and the import requirements of the destination

Reactions: Bullseye

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
I've just lost £37 attempting to ship a marker to the states via Royal Mail Airsure

Returned to me via the sorting depot in Ireland as prohibited goods

Last edited: