Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

sky?

Oct 4, 2001
all over
Visit site
maybe i have missed a whole loada stuff about this......but wernt sky meant to be covering the pa???? if so then did the film it, whens it on??? etc...

like i sed maybe i missed a whole thread......just interested

Chris

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
Think that Sky are going to be at the next one, but not filming, with the intention of filming at the third event :) At least thats what I think Hatts said :)

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Seems to me that one of the major points of the PA league was that there was going to be SKY coverage. Thats what teams would have said to sponsors and outside industry sponsors. The sky coverage validated the decision by some players to enter their teams into the PA league rather than other leagues who were holding events on the same day.

The fact that Sky were not there is a bit off. Were people told in advance of entering the series that sky would only be at the third event onwards? If they had would as many teams have entered?

A cynic may say that the Sky carrot was dangled as a means to entice teams away from other leagues, when in actuality nothing had been agreed.

What happends when the sponsors of teams turn around and acuse the teams of lying about the Sky sports involvement?

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
Originally posted by sjt19
Seems to me that one of the major points of the PA league was that there was going to be SKY coverage. Thats what teams would have said to sponsors and outside industry sponsors. The sky coverage validated the decision by some players to enter their teams into the PA league rather than other leagues who were holding events on the same day.

The fact that Sky were not there is a bit off. Were people told in advance of entering the series that sky would only be at the third event onwards? If they had would as many teams have entered?

A cynic may say that the Sky carrot was dangled as a means to entice teams away from other leagues, when in actuality nothing had been agreed.

What happends when the sponsors of teams turn around and acuse the teams of lying about the Sky sports involvement?
First the Sky "carrot" was not dangled from the beggining and there were already loads of teams signed to the event, You want to look at those who moved after they heard of the involvement.

Second the PA never said they would be at every event, people just assumed that they would. They said that Sky would be filming and broadcasting the PA League,
It was never mentioned in what form or for how much.
It was never claimed it was every event.
But even if it is only from the 3rd Event on and they make an hour long programee from the events after that surely thats better than not at all.

The Stuff from the NPPL on Fox (from what I can tell) was only the DVD re packaged with Fox presenters. The NPPL is an older organisation who were able to afford to make a DVD only after did they sell it on.

The PA Is a brand new event (with teams who had signed up well before TV was ever mentioned) and they have already got TV interest for the UK however small.

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
A bit cynical there Sam?? :)

To be fair, I don't think anyone as far as I know discussed what the Sky involvement would entail? As far as I'm aware they could do one 30 second spot on it and thats it? Don't think anyone ever said 'X' is what they are doing :)

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
I was just thinking about it, and realised that they were a new league, battling with established leagues, and needed every edge and selling point in order to get teams to book in. The Sky thing would certainly not have harmed them, and would have been the balance between teams choosing what league to play.

I think that the vagueness when the details were revealed was designed to merely get teams to book in.

Am feeling cynical;)

My money is on there being no contract, as sky are not daft enough to sign up to view something htey know nothing about.

I also believe the sky 'deal' did attract alot of teams who werent intending to play it.

That said, all credit to the PA league for getting sky interested at all, I really hope it gets good coverage so that UK paintball can get away from the wargamer image we currently have.