Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Snap shot stamina?

Mtbryant

Nov 16, 2009
Maidstone, kent
Hey guys, i have just recently got into paintball after playing football for a while and with snap shooting when leaning im using muscles i havnt really used before, so when im holding a crouch position while leaning to my left or right to get a snap shot after about 15 snap shots the lactic acid building up in my muscles is 2 much and i cant hold the position any longer is there any way i can improve this, or is it something that happens to everyone?

campbell08

Nov 2, 2008
10 Minutes from guildford
Happens to me sometimes when I'm in a not so exciting 1v1 or so but when you are really going for it the adrenline takes over I find anyways:)

But it might be your set up what tank and marker have you got?

Mtbryant

Nov 16, 2009
Maidstone, kent
I got a pmr 07 and my tank is a hangar 18 3000psi compressed air tank. But i dont think its to do with the marker, its more in my thighs and waist.

Vox900

Loki
Sep 22, 2008
Cambridge
Just practise practise practise mate, practise in the mirror at home, trying to keep tight, it just takes a bit of work and you will get there :)

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
yeah just practice and practice and practice then it will be all good soon enough! :)

PaintballWizard

The best in the west!
Oct 5, 2009
try doing squats at home. Good practise and definitely increases the power of your leg muscles. Also, will get the muscles used to moving and staying the in same position.

Only happens to the best of us afraid :p

jj.24

Dec 8, 2009
Essex, UK
Hello mate,
Reference to the original post being, some hints you may find usful.

When you get down the gym grab one of the massive weights that goes on the end of the squatting/benching bar, hold it down to your side and just lean sideways so it goes down to about kinee level... do this both sides, 5 sets of 6-8 repititions and that will strengthen you up in no time.

Failing that any dumbell will work or even a bag of cat litter or dog biscuits if your at home and dont have gym access.

For the lactic acide problem, get down to Holland and Barratt and pick up some creatine capsules. 3 caps 30 mins before workout/paintball session and 3 caps after and 3 a day for the couple days before and after workout to get it in the system. Long and short of it is the creatine buffs off the latcic acid so you can work harder for longer without the pain.

remember if you go for creatine (and it says it on the packet) drink lots of water otherwise they'll bung you up.

Hope that helps and as say worked for me
JJ

I also notice your in Maidstone, if you coming to Tonbridge on the 24th keep an eye out and we'll have a chat.