Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Snap shot stamina?

The New Paddy

Irish $tyle
you could hold ur set up in one hand and while sitting down watching tv move up and down, at first ur arm will get sore but you do the more ur arm get used to the weight, also i think it will help with ur stomach muscles used while snap shootin, i think thats correct, but this method has helped me with snap shooting

Paddy

Mtbryant

Nov 16, 2009
Maidstone, kent
Thanks for the advice JJ i tried it out yesterday was quite a good exercise, however as im only 16 i think i will hold off of the creatine for now, im going on the 24th to so i will see you there :).
I do squats and situps daily but can you buy body weights that you can strap to your legs or chest to make it a better workout?

jj.24

Dec 8, 2009
Essex, UK
Hmm I'm not aware of buying weights that you can strap to your chest and to be honest the only strap ones I know of are ankle and wrist ones which are mainly like 1kg for people to go jogging with.

2 places you could try... Argos have some very reasonable deals on weights etc as its their end of year clear out so that may be worth a look. The next option is to try a BIG Tesco... my local has weights. You can by a bar or dumbell and then just buy 1,2 or 5kg weights to add as you please... I found that easier to start with but now I'm lifting more I've had to join a gym as its cheaper.

As for creatine, yeh if your 16 you wont really need it this early on, its mainly for slightly older people like 25+ or those who are really hitting the weights hard who want a boost but not turning onto Steroids.

I'll see you around the 24th then

Jan 5, 2006
Kent
Visit site
Here is a thought Mark, ... get yourself a bottle cover, or put something tacky on the end of your bottle.

Because the end of the bottle is smooth it slides out of your shoulder very easily, so you have to fully support the marker with your arms i.e. hold it up.

If your bottle has a cover on it then when you pull the gun into your shoulder it grips and a lot of the weight is taken up, so whilst holding a position it is a lot less taxing on your arms.

Also helps when running'n'gunning, as again you can pull the gun into your body and it won't slide about.

jj.24

Dec 8, 2009
Essex, UK
I wouldnt start adding unnecessary weight but I tell you something after sunday my biceps were hurting a tad, spent 30mins today whilst watching TV standing and kneeling, switching sides etc. with the marker and tank etc all on. Muscules actually feel like a light workout, might be worth a try.

kR3ED

Sep 28, 2009
Kent, SouthEast
Getting it to become second nature!

Hey! Firstly I would advise not to add weight to your air tank as it will stress your asa and possibly break it.

The best way is to set your whole maker up - excluding paint, then stand just opposiste and off to the side of a mirror to practice your snap shooting, try to image all of the different bunker types, doritio's, stand-up, etc,. Mimic them using your reflection as a feedback to your shape.

Also use the whole gun setup as a weight switching sides and holding it out in front of you and to your side. Jogging on the spot perfecting holding your barrel straight during different running speeds, practice brining your gun up from break-outs.

Just a few techniques I used to practice and they helped me!
May have an indoors place to train soon, will let you know in PM.

Regards kR3ED

Mtbryant

Nov 16, 2009
Maidstone, kent
Snap

Yer it sounds quite stupid doing that :), on sunday it wasnt as bad as i thought i could hold it for quite a while, probably with the adrenaline as jj said

ses_paintball

Jan 13, 2009
Basildon Essex
Just being in a crouch position you largely use, Rectus Femoris this is the large muscle in the middle of your thigh. and when facing straight most of you weight will be supported by this muscle. As you lean left to snap out most of your weight will shift to Vastus Lateralis and remain on Rectus Femoris. (this is providing you do standard snap shooting and not what Maxiumus uses were you use your core rather than your legs) and when you snap out right same again but on your right leg. It the motion of going from even weight on both thighs to most of your weight being supported mainly 2 muscles that brings fatigue. Because the your using the same muscles in quick succession lactic acid builds up a lot quicker.

Before you practice snap shooting stretch! People greatly underestimate the power of stretching before exercise. By stretching more blood is flowing around your body the cartilage in your synovial joints will become more viscous and allow you to move more freely. When your resting 70% of your blood is your veins. By warming up the difference is balanced and will allow oxygen to be pumped around the body quicker. If you jump straight into exercise you will tire much quicker. So generally warm up first!

You will be able to snap shoot longer with out fatigue if your muscles are more developed. A very effective exercise for your quads is, Squats. To work Rectus Femoris, Vastus Lateralis and Vastus Medialis you should perform your squats with your feet facing forward and close together, this will isolate these muscles. An important note is that you should not squat too much. A lot of people think if they have to squat a heavy weight. People who squat more than they can often don't perform them correctly. When squatting you need your femur to just go past parallel with the floor( go to low and you might not get back up and don't go low enough and you wont get the benefit). squat a weight that you are comfortable with and do it correctly. Also when squatting don't arch your back or have the vbar on your neck.

To get a good snap shooting technique you have to have a good base to start with. having a good base will allow you to train for longer periods of time this will mean a better technique in the long run.

Hope this helps :D