Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Sock or plug

bojjob

#19 Blackout
Feb 22, 2012
Sussex
Plugs have been banned from most sites, with guns that come here from overseas that have the plugs within the packaging are usually taken out and binned,
all guns that I used to sell at Paintball Direct were dealt with this way and replaced with a Barrel sock, People safety was always the priority, the fact that plugs could be shot, if any had a problem with this I recommended using their empty paint pod held on.
I've shot through a pod before :p

But hey, I was at a Rental once, at a site that still uses plugs... (terrible site I know, that's Delta for you ;) )
And I literally watched someone shoot out a plug from an inferno. Luckily it was pointed at the floor and just dug a hole.
I think this happened due to little-no porting on their site markers, and mud having got into porting. But, whatever the excuse, it still happened.

My point is, I would rather have a paintball hitting me by accident than a solid plug. nuff said.

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Better if none hits you, I`ve seen the damage done to an eye ( LOST ) some years ago when I was down at a site in Hastings, I still have that Haunting screaming in my head now, it seemed ages before an ambulance got to the site and he was still screaming in the ambulance when going, OK that was a Mask lift but Ive also seen a person get slammed in the face with the bottle on the gun with his elbow behind it into somebodies facemask to knock his head off just because the guy didn`t have a barrel sock on, there wasn`t a word spoken, just SLAM , and everybody around Knew exactly why !! the guy realised why .. but only after the slam he got, Now that for me was an absolute awakening about putting a barrel sock on. I bet that guy was and is the worlds best ambassador for putting socks on !!!

Reactions: matj

matj

Mar 22, 2013
I genuinely hope i never have to witness anything like that.

As for the smash in the face,,, I can understand it but its also a little harsh :LOL: I guess if your not following safety rules then you deserve it though. Better some minor recoverable damage than permanent damage that will never be recovered from.

Invert mini's (g2 and g3 i can guarantee) come with plugs which is rather pointless and a little stupid considering they are very popular for people just starting with their own gear such as myself. They are a tight fit in the barrel so i think they would take a couple shots but anything more and bye bye plug.It gives you an indication of the bad impression it gives to someone like myself though...If i hadn't asked for everyone's opinion I would have been using the plug and not my reinforced sock as i genuinely didn't know any better.

It was interesting to see how planet eclipse test their socks...shot the crap out of it, boiled and microwaved it then shot the crap out of it, froze it and shot the crap out of it. By the end of all this it started to fray but i wasn't surprised...it had 50+ balls, serious heat and frozen as well, all shot in the same sock. The video is on youtube.

Reactions: Care_Bears

matj

Mar 22, 2013
The ball breaker silicone ones?

Had spotted them but not looked into getting any. Ill have to see if they are available from anywhere I can get them from. On the phone at the mo...a job got the pc tonight.

Look very easy to clean...massive benefit.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
last i checked, nobody was out playing paintball in skinny jeans so whats the confusion about finding it hard to put a sock in your pocket? if anything it must be easier since they are soft and can be folded/squished in to whatever shape needed. if you are really lazy just loop the elastic around your reg or macroline so that you can pull it off and just let it dangle there until you need it again.

Oh, and those HK ballbreakers really are the dogs bollocks! you can shoot in to them forever and they won't break.

Last edited:

matj

Mar 22, 2013
I have watched vids for the HK's...look epic and definitely worth the dough.

Anyone know of a uk supplier? BZ normally has some HK stuff...but not these it seems. not really interested in getting them shipped over...would rather use what i already have than wait forever.

For the sock ill likely just wrap it around the tank a few times etc. If I can see it then i know where it is although putting it in my pocket isn't much hassle either.

Whats wrong with playing in skinny jeans....less target area! :LOL: