Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Softest marker on paint?

I have been trying to get some side by side statistics on different markers and the overall stress they apply to paint when cycling.

Obviously upgrades / setup play a part but I am conviced there must be substantial differences between style of shooter?

All I can find is manufacturer hype or kids fighting over which marker is better on the nation.

Anyone done any testing or know of anybody that has?

David

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
Dont Angel claim to hold that crown?

Dont quote me, but I'm sure I read the A1 / Fly A1 runs at 55psi operating pressure.

That might be nice marketing BS, I dunno.

Even DM8 runs at someting around 145psi.

Again I know fa about it, I just wanna up my post count.

JDO

Jon & Chris rock my socks
May 13, 2008
London
I'd agree that an Angel A1/ A1 Fly with magno internals and Kiss technology will probably be the softest thing on paint you'd find. Having said that, I'm totally bias anyway! :p

MJ

IM AGG...my mom says
Oct 24, 2007
Tamworth
Id say angel but the FS8 had a ridiculously soft bolt and that was soft on paint. :)

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I have stuck my finger in the breech of an FS8 and a PM7 and the bolt has bounced off my finger.

granted the PM7 hurt like bejeesus...............

rayko

WTD UK: BNIB Dream...
Both the DM8 and PM8 normally have the LPR set to approx 75psi out of the box.

The difference between the two is that as the PM8 is shorter and therefore has a smaller firing chamber. The hyper3 to be set to approx 185psi to get a ball out 285fps.

The DM8 which has a larger firing chamber, needs the hyper3 to be set to approx 145psi to get a ball out at 285fps.

I hope that helps

Ray

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
Comparing LPR pressures of one gun to the next is meaningless, since it is acting on a different area in each design (and in some designs, a different area at different points during the firing cycle.) LPR pressure alone is not adequate to express the force the bolt puts on the ball.

Likewise, main pressure is also inadequate to show how much stress the ball is under when fired, because it all depends on how that air is released and what pressure it is actually under at the point at which it accelerates the ball. That sort of information is unlikely to be published by any of the manufacturers.

The only way to find out for real is to get a load of different guns and some of the brittlest paint you can find and see which ones can shoot it. There are too many variables, unpublished, untested or unquantifiable, to do it as a straightforward table of figures.