Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Spire vs Rotor

Richiemonk

Jul 24, 2005
Norfolk
Both high end loaders, but what are the pros and cons of both? I now 98% of people now use the rotor, but has anyone dabbled into the Spire? I like the look of it. Any opinions on it?

Thorpe

Lucky 15s
Mar 13, 2010
I had a rotor for 2 years and just about could not fault it. Tool-less disassembly, quick to strip down, very rarely jammed, excellent battery life. The only problems I had with it were with it feeding reballs, and swapping lid/speed-feed around is a pain.

... Enter my Spire. Again, tool-less disassembly, even quicker to strip down than the rotor, hasn't jammed yet, good battery life but not quite as good as the Rotor (Rotor claims 50,000 balls on 3xAA, Spire claims 20,000 balls on 3xAA), feeds even dirty crappy reballs without issue and the speed you can swap lid for speed-feed is brilliant. I cannot fault my Spire so far.

frenchy2475

I have quit...
Jun 17, 2009
Wiltshire
Spire without question, everything Thorpe has said and more, lighter, holds a true 200, quieter, gentler on paint. The spire for me is like the rotor in that u just bang it on and forget about it. But it just never ever jams even with crap paint.

The amount of pro teams using these over rotors just enforces how good they are. I have long sold my rotor and don't miss it at all.

Reactions: Richiemonk