Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

staining paint: my M25 experience

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
OK I'm having a rant...Cyclone was momentarily banned from M25 according to the rules published on the friday nite before the last leg. It was taken out of the rules again following complaints to Sparklie by a team shooting Cyclone.
I was hit with paint shot by Impact UK which I believe was Severe Cyclone (pink fill). I showed my top to Liz and demonstrated with spray bottle and kitchen roll that the paint appeared not to be shifting whatsoever. Sparklie spoke to Jerry who assured me via Sparklie that Impact's paint will not stain. Well i washed said top in washing machine with a good dose of Ariel and although all other paint stainns came out, the pink did not. I sprayed my top with 'stain slayer' left to work as directed then soaked overnight in a bucket of hot water with Vanish liquid stain remover and more ariel liquid detergent. I scrubbed my top with a scrubbing brush the next morning, then machine washed it again. The stains faded by about 50% but are still clearly visible. So dear Jerry and Impact guys... i dont want a war.. but i would like to get your paint out of my shirt... what else do you suggest i use to remove the paint stains?
Cheers guys!
Guppy x
Oh and btw... the view expressed above is my own personal view of this paint as an individual player... i dont speak on behalf of my sponsor or even my team... to be honest i havent asked their opinion... this is just what i personally have encountered with the damn stuff!

IanC

Jan 24, 2003
Searching for the pro-tour....:S
Here we go again

Guppy, if that is the same pink stuff as i've got on my shirt / pants / gloves it doesn't shift, period.

Thats why one of my team mates started a thread after amsterdam. I heard a rumour that pink fill cyclone was going to be discontiued as it did stain. Anyone in the know care to tell us the official story?

laterz

Ian

:)

Y2chris99

pbnation 4 lyfe
May 2, 2002
Norbook Massive
Visit site
yea i got same thing i was only watchin but go pink spray on my shirt and cant get it out. rest of the paint dissappered tho. white t shirt wiv pink blobs dont think ill wear that again

Andy

F*ck Those Guys
Jul 6, 2001
just a brief not regarding hellfire, as there were some ppl complaing that hellfire could not be used at the event as it would stain

well just to say it washed out of my top trousers t shirt etc and there was a lot of it aswell
and everything is now spotless, was it not in another thread were people were saying that cyclone would stain?

someone needs to do some stain testing to see what does and what doesnt

Andy

Ms Bossy

wotever :o)
Aug 26, 2002
Originally posted by cockersrule
i think we agrreed, that its not so much the paint, more the fabrics its on and how long before it is washed etc etc
Right, thats it, i'm gonna put my foot down here...................i demand a washing machine at the exit of all the fields, anyone with me on this one :mad:

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Y2chris99
yea i got same thing i was only watchin but go pink spray on my shirt and cant get it out. rest of the paint dissappered tho. white t shirt wiv pink blobs dont think ill wear that again

Just like my Draxxus jacket.....:rolleyes: :(

IanC

Jan 24, 2003
Searching for the pro-tour....:S
Cockersrule, it was never agreed that the fabrics were the problem, but the dye that was used in certain colour paints does stain. The thread just talked itself out as everybody got bored of sposored teams jumping up and down defending their paint. Understandable but not productive.

As for Hellfire, that banning seemed to be the result of mis-information being given to Sparklie, and the rule was changed accordingly.

laterz

Ian

L J

big big titties
Originally posted by IanC
Cockersrule, it was never agreed that the fabrics were the problem, but the dye that was used in certain colour paints does stain. The thread just talked itself out as everybody got bored of sposored teams jumping up and down defending their paint. Understandable but not productive.

As for Hellfire, that banning seemed to be the result of mis-information being given to Sparklie, and the rule was changed accordingly.

laterz

Ian

oh ok, your right....its was just left somewhere around there

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
I play for a sever sponsored team, as such we use cyclone to practice with. I've just been and checked all the tops I wear,
1. Grey sp fighter top, no pink anywhere, in fact no paint marks at all.
2. Dye 2003 top again no paint stains whatsoever.

Sorry never had a problem with it........

Paul

Severe Cyclone Rocks!!
:D