Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Starting Marker

Inkie

Team Relapse
Hey guys, I've been into paintballing for the last few years and already have a Dye i4 mask, gloves and a bit of experience - so now I am looking for a marker. My price ranges is 100 - 300 quid and I am looking for something reasonably;
•Light
•Easy to fire fast (BUT STILL SEMI-AUTOMATIC)
•Good looking
•From the UK

I mainly play woods-ball so a marker appropriate for that type of game would be nice.

Thanks, if anyone has any suggestions or found a nice marker post below!

CraigofScotland

Naked fun time
Oct 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
A 2nd hand macdev tactical drone, high end of your budget but they will blow anything else in that price range out the water. A few in the sale section . . (or come see your uncle Craig :p )

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
or for uk made markers, have a look at the planet eclipse range or angel are now back in the uk

SamFlyZ

Geo 2.1 | 2K5 Alias
Mar 27, 2009
Exmouth, Devon
When I first got my new marker, I always seemed to have problems with it, in terms of not knowing how to repair larger problems and stuff like that, so i'd recommend getting something with a warranty.

You could check out the Proto 2k11 Rail.
£250, add a second hand 3k 48ci on that, and you've got your £300.
http://www.lpspaintball.biz/acatalog/PROTO_Markers.html

Here's a pretty in-depth review on it

Remember that you'll need to get a hopper too.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
etek2's going for buttons nowadays (sub £200). they meet all you're criteria, unless you mean 'good-looking' to be milsim guns that look like the real thing. what i will say is that all tourney guns are suitable for woods too, but woods guns are not suitable for tourneys.

Spike

Platinum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Essex, England
www.GIMILSIM.com
It would be too easy for me to hijack this thread and say you should buy a .50 cal marker as a starter but I have to admit that if I was starting out I would be looking at a second hand marker from a company that has a proven track record and many years experience in design & manufacture. I would recommend an Etek or EGO from Planet Eclipse which would also give you a 50 cal option by way of a kit should you be worried about future proofing for any eventuality.

There are a few markers for sale here and there so do your home work and see if any of your friends have one that you can try out first, if you are not sure. These markers are easy to maintain an Eclipse after sales service is second to none.

If not get in touch with someone on the boards here who's selling one.

I noted you mentioned that you want Semi Auto - well all of the higher end markers have a semi only and capped semi mode in their software.

welcome on your start to the gun whores club :)