Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

STB - Chicks in Gym Skirts!)

Look I am not doing this to raise the profile of women in paintball or to encourage more girls to play this once a year event is a charity fund rasier. We have explained! Tried and tested, I am not responcible for the desition I have only been asked along with Jerry (male) to go along with it and look like a team.

Tj look alikes bring it on, wear one of my suits and italian silk ties to play in, sod off no way :eek:

Sadly people judge by apperances and this as you so rightly percive is will be a prime example.

If your so right then share your pears of wisdom I am intreauged.

Chick would post but is on holiday, Gillie dosen't do politicts and Liz has been busy, to the best of my knowledge the rest of the team don't post.

If you cast your mind back when my fellow girlys confessed to not being blokes back last year a number of them left never to post again after the back lash.

spill please;)

guppy

Banned
Apr 3, 2002
Maidstone, Kent
Visit site
And your point is?

I think i'm missing Rancids point here...other than to wind anyone & everyone up, which is what his posts usually consist of. So, is the point you're trying to make that (a) by wearing 'fancy dress' to play a tourney (even to raise funds for a good cause) brings the game into disrepute? or (b) it will put off prospective women players or (c) women can't put up shelves? or possibly, (d) all of the above? In any event, my esteemed opinion is that (a) most recognised mainstream sports ie soccer hold charity fundraisers and usually add costumes to draw in a crowd and say 'hey looky here at what we're doing & give us your cash"! I had the pleasure(?) of seeing Millwall v Chelsea X1 play in very sexploitive outfits at a testimonial in the 70's. Hey the costumes were one of the reasons i went along and paid my £5 (That was a lot of dosh then!) It didn't give me a poor opinion of the sport or the players, in fact they earned my respect by doing it. (b) Any woman watching STB, whether new to the sport or not, will i am sure have the comonsense to realise it's just a bit of (voluntary) fun. No male exploitation, more female manipulation methinks (go girls!) and (c) What a load of bollocks! I put up my own shelves too! (Eloquently spoken like a blokey-bird, don't ya think...Rancid sweetie?) Hugs & Midnight!;)

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Liz back in the land of p8ntballer......

I'm not sure if Rancid remembers me from the old days way back when, but if he does I think he'll remember that all I've ever wanted was to be seen as a baller on equal terms with the men.
STB this month is for FUN (as well as trying to win, of course) and getting as much money as we can for charity. We aren't talking about playing in tarty underclothes or anything, just sports kit that is worn in many sports today at all levels; anyone who gets turned on by watching girls in gym skirts getting hot & sweaty can watch ladies netball most days of the week.
IF this encourages our fellow ballers to pay us more money towards this year's charity then well and good. It wasn't a male player that asked us to wear this particular costume, it was a team decision by all the girls. I should add that the player that seems most excited about this is our celebrity guest Mr Ward-Barber himself, who has been planning his costume ever since we told him. Then again, Gerry IS the guy who wanted Gulo Lusius to wear ballet tutus as their costume at the old arenaball a few years back!:D :D :D
It will be clear to anyone who attends STB that we are dressing in the way we are as a fun fundraising event, and that when we are on the field we will play ball to the best of our abilities rather than "play up" to our costumes.

I, of course, will try to cover up as much as I can while still staying to the spirit of the event as I don't want to make too many players ill at the sight of the pasty white flabby legs. Ah, maybe people could sponsor me to cover up instead!:D :D

Urban

Oct 31, 2001
Beds, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by rancid
Do you think that conforming to this male stereotypical view is doing anything to promote the female cause in paintball?
No idea but I do know one thing...

Keely Watson getting her individual sponsorship isn't down to the fact she's a damn fine player. Don't get me wrong here... from what I've heard she can trade paint with the best of them, but then so can, probably, 10,000 other ballers world-wide.

She got the deal because she is a girl. She's done the Maxim photoshoot, JT have used her for advertising, Dye and a few others too so I gather, and because of that a hell of a lot of people in paintball at least know of her.

She's fully exploited the fact she's a fairly good looking girl in a male dominated sport and good on her!

I gotta say my 'male stereotypical view' of a woman in any situation is that she will exploit us rather than the other way round... and fair play to them all!

Urban

rancid

Mother, is that you?
Guppy, this thing about me winding people up...the problem with these boards, as I see it, is that everyone tends to agree. Have a think... cos I can't remember there being a good old ding dong for ages. Now, if you've got the time to go back and look at how this thread was going before my post. And see how angry/passionate you've become since my post... it's kinda my job, and I have to take hate mail as part and parcel.

Liz, I am sure I remember you...remind me who you played for back in the days when paintball was a REAL game?

One thing though, about this women and paintball thing..... if you can be arsed, do a search on 'female paintball' threads on this site. Every single one talks about the s word, instead of the p word..... it needs to change, but it wont whilst you play up to it. Dress up as chickens guys, maybe baby chickens... what are they called?

Hotpoint

Pompey Paintballer
Originally posted by rancid
Guppy, this thing about me winding people up...the problem with these boards, as I see it, is that everyone tends to agree. Have a think... cos I can't remember there being a good old ding dong for ages. Now, if you've got the time to go back and look at how this thread was going before my post. And see how angry/passionate you've become since my post... it's kinda my job, and I have to take hate mail as part and parcel.
Where there is harmony let him bring Discord
Where there is Peace let him bring War
Where there is joy let him bring sadness

Rancid - Lord of Chaos and public servant. How dull these boards would be without him :)

Do you really get hate-mail? It's always seemed pretty obvious to me you deliberately take extreme positions not necessarily your own in order to provoke response. I just play along for laughs (and because I get very bored at work)

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Hi Rancid
I used to captain the Dawn Raiders, playing all round the south east but mostly places like Eurosplat at Southend, Detling, Sidcup & Wicked/Campaign, & Home Counties League division 3. I also knew a lot of the Preds socially (it's their fault I got into the sport) & used to pot up & stuff for them when I wasn't playing & the same for Gulo.

If you want to talk about going back through the threads, you'll find many a post from me & Sparklie referring purely to playing. OK, there's a few discussions about things like the best bra to play in but then again there's a few on subjects like best male protection as well.
There's one day a year when the Chicks have a laugh & "pander to male stereotypes", i.e. STB, & that's for the charity aspects. To be absolutely honest, I can't see any ballers thinking I look sexy & attractive in a short skirt especially when teamed with goggles, knee pads, gloves etc, and I also can't see "schoolgirl" crossing their minds when I think just how old I am.
The rest of the year we dress like all the other ballers, act like the other ballers (with added hugs) & play like the other ballers. If you want to think of us as wearing a different theme, tell yourself that maybe we're doing cross-sport type fancy dress like hockey or netball (both of which sports still wear short pleated gym skirts, how do you think some of us got anything to wear for STB?).

On a lighter note, how many people have a sneaking suspicion that Rancid is only fussing 'cause he can't go to STB & will be missing seeing Sparklie playing in a gym skirt?:D :D :D :D

Tony

Dead Hellfish
Jul 7, 2001
Jarra, N-E , UK
Visit site
Originally posted by Hotpoint

Where there is harmony let him bring Discord
Where there is Peace let him bring War
Where there is joy let him bring sadness

Rancid - Lord of Chaos and public servant. How dull these boards would be without him :)

Do you really get hate-mail? It's always seemed pretty obvious to me you deliberately take extreme positions not necessarily your own in order to provoke response. I just play along for laughs (and because I get very bored at work)
I always thought Rancid and TJ were a sort of straight man/funny man routine. One takes the hardline approach and the other took the comedy routine......

They certainly make for interesting discussions on the forum though....... a lot better than the usual my gun is better than your gun approach!!!! :)

rancid

Mother, is that you?
Hey Tony, that's made my day that.

Liz - cripes I've played you hundreds of times.

When I said about past threads, I meant the male posts not yours. :)

Right, I'm going to start a thread off about lighting-up animals in the woods and how we have a responsibility to the farming community.

Yours

Rev Chaos